Variables notification

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Variables notification

Postby firebladeRR1k » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:50 am

I noticed when I tap on a variable in mobilinc pro for iOS it has an option for notification. When I tap on this it tells me I have to enable notifications for mobilinc in iOS settings. This is already enabled and I receive notifications from mobilinc for location already.

Thanks,
Chris
firebladeRR1k

Re: Variables notification

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:14 am

Hi Chris,

Location notifications are a special kind of notification called a local notification that MobiLinc fires when iOS tells MobiLinc about location information. The notifications for variables, devices, scenes, and programs use our cloud service, MobiLinc Connect to facilitate real-time notification of changes to your ISY that you are interested in. http://mobilinc.com/features/push/

If you aren't using MobiLinc Connect, the message title reads "MobiLinc Connect Required". If it doesn't say that in your version of MobiLinc, then that means you are running an old version of MobiLinc. Please make sure to upgrade to the latest from the app store, 4.00.21. This might impact what you are seeing in your other forum post about syncing.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby firebladeRR1k » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:01 am

Thanks for the reply. I will have to look into mobilinc connect. I checked the version and it seems to be the latest. I have attached a screen shot of the version and the message concerning turning on notifications.

firebladeRR1k

Postby DevCar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:23 pm

If I am setup with port forwarding, I will not be able to use GeoFencing as the state variables will not update?
OR
I will not be able to get local (iphone) notifications about state variables?
DevCar

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 am

Hi DevCar,

You can use Geofencing with a direct IP or MobiLinc Connect. If your direct IP is setup properly for local and remote access, MobiLinc can update the ISY's location variable through either connection method (direct or MobiLinc Connect).

You can only receive notifications on variables, devices, programs, and security events through an active MobiLinc Connect subscription.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments