Mobilinc Pro just started crashing on my iphone 4s

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Mobilinc Pro just started crashing on my iphone 4s

Postby Goggles Pizano » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:09 am

A couple days ago, when I went to use my Mobilinc Pro on my iphone 4s, it started up to the splash screen, then to the desktop and seemed to lock up.. it wouldn't take any screen touches, and then it just quit. I started it again, and same thing. So, I made sure all programs were terminated. Same result. Rebooted my phone (turn off and restarted). Same result. The only thing I have changed on my phone in the last few days was turning on blue tooth to pair with my new stereo in my truck, so I turned off the BlueTooth. Same result. I then removed Mobilinc and re-installed it. Now I get the Mobilinc splash screen, then it changes to the Mobilinc Connect screen. If I leave it here, it just quits. If I am fast enough, I can click on the "no thanks" button and it will jump to the "Found ISY at ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Type password". At this point, it is locked up, and won't take any input. 2 seconds later, it quits.
Not sure what else to try!
It is an iphone 4s with ios 7.1.2 with 4.2 GB free space. Up until a couple days ago, it was working fine. Seems when I got the update, the crashing started...
Goggles Pizano

Re: Mobilinc Pro just started crashing on my iphone 4s

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear this! We've tested on the latest iOS 7/8 versions of the OS and haven't seen this behavior.

One thing to try is to delete MobiLinc and reboot your iPhone.
After reboot, reinstall from the app store.
After installation, turn Wi-Fi OFF.
Open MobiLinc and see if you can configure the app to talk to your ISY once again.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Goggles Pizano » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:54 am

I did as you suggested, with no luck...

I DID find that if I turned off all "location Services", that stopped the crashing. I was able to load Mobilinc and I can talk to my ISY-99 with no problems. BUT, if I turn location services back on, the app just crashes again. I use my geo fencing, so I kinda need the location services on.. as well as for a multitude of other apps. Any ideas?
Goggles Pizano

Postby Goggles Pizano » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:56 am

Bump.
Goggles Pizano

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:59 am

I've been thinking about this issue, but can't come up with any reason for the crash. Same code as before the update. It's not reproducible on my iOS 7 device or iOS 8 devices. No other reports of this behavior...although most of the MobiLinc users are on iOS 8. Very few on iOS 7.

You should be able to just turn off Location Services for just MobiLinc under the iOS settings instead of all apps. If you turn it off for just MobiLinc does the crash scenario go away?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dirgler » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:31 am

Hey Goggles and Wes...
I don't know if you resolved this issue - but I had a similar problem and just managed to get through it after reading this thread. For me, the app froze and then died consistently when I tried to enter the "Location Settings" section.

What worked for me is that I killed the app and then before starting it again I turned OFF location services completely. The app started and went into location settings fine, although it complained about not having location services turned on for it (of course). I was able to turn location services back on (though it seemed to take a bit of poking for the app to figure out I turned it back on) and it seems to be working fine now.

Good luck.
Mark
dirgler

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update and your solution! Hopefully if any other iOS 7 users run into this issue, they can follow your steps to success.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments