Always send Scene ON or OFF from Dashboard Icon

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Always send Scene ON or OFF from Dashboard Icon

Postby belias » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:44 am

Hello,

I have a few scenes set up on the MobiLinc Dashboard, where I want to be able to always send an "ON" or "OFF" command from the Dashboard icon regardless of the current state of the scene. For example,

1. An All Off button for a room: regardless of the current status (devices on, off, partial scene %, etc.) whenever this icon is pressed, it should send an "OFF". This button should never be able to send an ON.
- I have removed Custom Command Names for all functions except OFF, the problem is many times MobiLinc will show the "All Off" scene as OFF even when some. This results in MobiLinc not sending any command when I press the icon. Interestingly, when I tap the gear icon, the Device List is correct (showing a few devices on).

2. A TV scene button for a room: again, regardless of devices status this button should always send an ON command; it should never be able to send an OFF.
- Again, I have removed all Custom Command Names except for ON. The problem here is that if some devices are on, MobiLinc will show the scene status as, say "75%" such that tapping the icon will result in no command being sent (when it should send an ON command).

Any thoughts in how I can fix this?

Thanks.
belias

Re: Always send Scene ON or OFF from Dashboard Icon

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:35 am

Hi belias,

Try switching to the Basic scene status config option under Settings->MobiLinc Settings. Changing to basic will tell MobiLinc to only show scenes as either ON or OFF. ON = All devices must match the ON Levels as defined in the scene.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby belias » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:43 am

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That fixed Problem #2 - I can now get the "TV Scene" button to send an ON command.

However, it did not fix Problem #1. Unless every device in the "All Off" scene is switched on, MobiLinc reports it as "OFF" and therefore won't send an "OFF" command when I push the icon. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

- Brian
belias

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Brian,

I would suggest a different solution for you then. Instead of trying to fit the scene into what you want it to do with MobiLinc create a program and set the scene to ON or OFF in the program's "THEN" statement.

On the dashboard you can set the program to always fire the "THEN" path when tapped.

I think this should solve the always ON or always OFF sending issue you want from MobiLinc.

FYI: If you are using MobiLinc Connect and want these on your TodayView, same concept applies. You'd set the program path to "THEN" to execute when tapped for the TodayView Widget.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments