Apple Watch Connection Failure

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Apple Watch Connection Failure

Postby robroymm@gmail.com » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:31 pm

Wes...
The Apple Watch integration is fantastic! I do have an issue that I need your help with.

I don't know if the problem is on my side or yours, but my Apple Watch has a problem connecting to my ISY when my iPhone 6 is connected via wifi to my local network, but connects just fine when the iPhone wifi is disabled at home or when I use it from work.

What I see when I tap on a device on the watch is "Oops, Connection Error Could not reach ISY: 00:xx:yy:zz:aa:bb:cc to send your command. Check the settings in the <the rest is unreadable as it is below the bottom of the watch screen>" (you probably ought to shrink the font or allow scrolling).

I am using an ASUS router, direct connect ISY, port forwarding of both the local (192.168.x.y) and remote (50.xx.yy.zz) URLs on port 8089.

One possible clue is that from Mobilinc Pro>settings>lighting controller>connect method>tap to sync with ISY only works if I select HTTPS, it does not work if I set it to HTTP or Auto.
robroymm@gmail.com

Re: Apple Watch Connection Failure

Postby AdminWes » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:54 am

Thank you!

Ok, it sounds like you might be running into a bug that I've got fixed in 4.6 that should be going out to the beta testers today. If you'd like to receive the beta, please send me your email address you'd prefer it to go to at support@mobilinc.com and I'll get you on the list as soon as the beta is approved for testing from Apple.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Giarc0 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:27 am

I get this connection error constantly, Apple Watch "Oops, Connection Error Could not reach ISY: 00:xx:yy:zz:aa:bb:cc". I have reinstalled several times and followed installation instructions. Please help!
Giarc0

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 am

Hi Glarc0,

Please reboot both your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Once rebooted, open MobiLinc and confirm you can reach your ISY without issues.
Pick a device to assign to your Apple Watch.
Close MobiLinc on your iPhone.
Let the iPhone go to sleep (display off).
Open MobiLinc app on your Apple Watch.
Confirm you can see status and control your one device you added to the Apple Watch.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Giarc0 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:27 pm

I completed every step you posted 3 times, still not working. I'm getting the same error.
Giarc0

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:20 am

Hi Giarc0,

Is your iPhone running the latest iOS 9 along with your Apple Watch updated to the latest WatchOS? Please double check in the Settings app and the Watch app that both are running the latest software.

The only other thing to try is to delete the MobiLinc app off the Apple Watch, reboot the watch, and reinstall the MobiLinc app.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Giarc0 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:30 am

Yes I'm running the latest code on both devices. Im running a isy991 vs the newer isy994.
Giarc0

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:29 am

That may be the problem.

The old ISY-99i doesn't support the iOS 9 mandated SSL compatibility. In other words, you can't connect to your ISY over HTTPS on iOS 9 and the old ISY-99i. You need to upgrade to the ISY-994i and the latest firmware to access your ISY over HTTPS on iOS 9. If you contact sales@universal-devices.com they offer an upgrade discount.

As a workaround, set the MobiLinc->Settings->Connect Method to HTTP (local) only. Please note this will only work when you are local to your ISY unless you port forward your ISY's HTTP port which is not recommended.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Giarc0 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:25 pm

I just purchased a isy994, and will be installing it today.
I will update you after I test the new system.
Giarc0

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:58 am

Thanks Giarc0.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments