Which App(s) Do I need?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Which App(s) Do I need?

Postby monkmanusa » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:50 am

Hello,
Just jumping in to Home Automation. After much reading, am using insteon devices with the 994 (seem to be working exceptionally well together) - and want to use Mobilinc. But - which app do i need/want?

I have spent much time on the mobilinc website - but there does not seem to be an easy to read comparison between the different apps (some sort of table of the apps with the "features" listed - I did see a table where it shows compatibility of platform - but I am looking more at what capabilities each app brings). I need this so I can make a determination of the right app(s) to purchase.

Also - when I access the Apple App Store - I noticed that there are bundles (for example orchestrated home and pro) - why would I need both of these?

I am confused as to what each app delivers and in the case of the bundles - why I would need both of those apps (example cited above).

Is there something somewhere that simply lists the differences (in one page please e.g. a features table), and also explains why (for bundles) I need (or would want) both of them?

I really want to move forward - but I want to make sure I get it right.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! :?:
monkmanusa

Re: Which App(s) Do I need?

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:02 am

Hi monkmanusa,

Bundles are there for MobiLinc Pro users that want to upgrade (at a slight discount) to the iPad versions of MobiLinc (MobiLinc HD/Orchestrated MobiLinc).

Here is the app comparison site: http://mobilinc.com/apps/version/

In short, MobiLinc HD is the recommended app as it's a universal app that runs on the iPhone and iPad. Go with Orchestrated MobiLinc if you know you want to use the Resource Manager feature of MobiLinc as Orchestrated MobiLinc has Resource Manager built into the app. Otherwise Resource Manager is an optional plug-in for MobiLinc HD and MobiLinc Pro (iPhone only).

All of our apps offer the same level of access to the ISY including 30 days of free access through MobiLinc Connect. All apps offer the same set of optional plug-ins like IP camera, voice, location, Apple Watch, etc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby monkmanusa » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:12 am

Many thanks for the speedy response!
I did check out that page - and read it several times yesterday - but really still could not get my head around it from a functional standpoint....
As it happens I purchased the Orchestrated/Pro bundle - so I think I may have screwed up/wasted some pennies as I may not have needed those two (the reason I did the bundle is I thought that together they each provided unique capabilities - but it does not sound like that is the case).
Should I just delete one of the apps from my iPhone then (as it appears to have loaded both)?

Lesson learned - but would it be possible to enhance your descriptions of the apps so that these missteps can be avoided by future shoppers? Typically people buying the apps are "new" to the apps - so the information needs to be clear enough for us "newbies" to know which direction to go.....

Many thanks,

PS. I still don't understand how the bundle provides an "upgrade" path for folks with Pro as it seems to "include" Pro - but why would it do that if they already have it?..... I must be missing something....
monkmanusa

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:54 am

Hi monkmanusa,

For those that purchased MobiLinc Pro separately, they see a "Complete My Bundle" option at a slight discount in the App Store.

We have separate plans/roadmaps for MobiLinc Pro and Orchestrated MobiLinc, so while today they offer similar functionality on the iPhone that may not be the case moving forward.

For now, I would recommend only using Orchestrated MobiLinc on your iOS devices so that any plug-ins you purchase will transfer to your other iOS devices using Orchestrated MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby monkmanusa » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:33 am

Roger that.
i have removed the Pro app from my phone, and will use just Orchestrated.

Just purchased the voice control plug in - and I was pleasantly surprised how accurate it was on responding to my commands...great stuff.

Thanks! :D
monkmanusa

Postby AdminWes » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Excellent! Glad to hear it!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments