Custom Push Notitications?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Custom Push Notitications?

Postby johnmsch » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Is there a way to send custom Push notifications from an ISY994i program? Been playing around with Push notifications in MobiLinc Pro. From what I can see, the Push has to be setup and sent from MobiLinc.

I setup a state variable, then defined a notification in MobiLinc to send a Push notification when that variable is set to 1. In one of my ISY programs, I set that variable to either 1 or zero based on certain events. When the variable is set to 1, I get the notification. So far, so good.

My question is regarding the message in that Push notification. From what I can see, you have to define (i.e. "hard code") a specific message in MobiLinc, per notification, to be sent with the Push. Is there some way to get MobiLinc to send a push using a custom message from an ISY program?

Although the existing functionality is adequate for most situations, I can see where I'd like for the ISY to format and send a notification programatically using MobiLinc. I'd rather not have to pay for and setup something like Pushover if MobiLinc can do this for me.
johnmsch

Re: Custom Push Notitications?

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi Johnmsch,

MobiLinc doesn't support formatting the push text based on something from the ISY. The text needs to be formatted and entered into MobiLinc to tell the MobiLinc Connect servers about it.

Instead of using variables, you can trigger off your program states. That should at least save you a couple of steps. You can trigger off True/False/Running IF/Then state of the program to drive the push trigger.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby johnmsch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Thanks Wes. Yes, I'm aware of triggering the notifications from a program. I was just using the state variable as a test.

Is this (custom messages) something on your roadmap? It would be nice if the ISY would allow string variables instead of just numeric. Then we could load a custom message in a string var, and use some form of substitution in the MobiLinc notification configuration. Other than that, I can't see how you could accomplish this.

BTW, I'm really loving MobiLinc Pro. Very impressive piece of software, and your integration with the ISY is really sweet.
johnmsch

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Johnmsch,

Thank you for those kind words! The very best thing you can do for me is to leave MobiLinc a great review on the app store. Good, positive reviews spur sales which allows me to support the community and keep releasing new features: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilin ... 78110?mt=8

Custom messages is definitely interesting, but without explicit ISY support for something like how you suggest, it's not possible right now. I could see some customization of the message from inside of MobiLinc, but likely would be limited.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments