KPL buttons and programs in Orchestrated MobiLinc

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

KPL buttons and programs in Orchestrated MobiLinc

Postby markinpgh » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:56 am

Hi Wes,

I have a number of KeypadLinc buttons that are programmed to run various ISY programs. (The programs monitor the statuses of the buttons and run when they are switched on/off.) I have noticed that when I tap on the corresponding KPL buttons in Orchestrated MobiLinc, the physical buttons switch on (they illuminate), but the relevant programs do not run. Is there a way of getting the ISY to "see" KPL button taps in MobiLinc as device status changes so that the programs are triggered?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Mark
markinpgh

Re: KPL buttons and programs in Orchestrated MobiLinc

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:04 am

Hi Mark,

Tapping a KPL in MobiLinc tells MobiLinc to tell the scene to turn on since no software product (including the ISY's Admin Console) can actually tell a KPL to turn on directly. The effect is that the KPL is responding to the scene command ON or OFF and illuminates accordingly.

When your program is listening for the "switched" command, that's a physical action of tapping the KPL. Instead, try the "status" option for the KPL. That way when the status changes due to the scene called by MobiLinc, the program can respond and run.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments