Programs - Last Run Fields

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Programs - Last Run Fields

Postby andyf0 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 pm

There seems to be a problem with the program - last run fields. If a program hasn't been run yet, i.e. ISY99 shows blank for last run start and finish, Mobilinc Pro seems to fill the fields in with the last run times from some other program.

I also have one program whose last run time hasn't been updated for over a day. That's a program that monitors the thermostat for extreme temperatures, which means it's run every time the thermostat reports a change in temperature. It shows correctly in ISY99. This one updated after a re-sync.

Do I have to re-sync everytime I want check something on my iPhone?
andyf0

Re: Programs - Last Run Fields

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi andyf0,

No, you shouldn't have to resync. When starting MobiLinc it can take several seconds to fully download and parse your program list depending on how many programs you have. In the meantime you'll see old data in these fields until the refresh occurs.

How many programs do you have?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:35 am

I only have 7 programs. One of them is set to run at startup and is disabled but since the ISY has not been rebooted yet it has never run. The Last Run field always shows the last time one of my other programs is run which is every night.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:34 am

Hi andyf0,

With only 7 programs, it should parse almost instantly.

I ran a test here where I created a new program, did not run it, and launched MobiLinc to see what the status of the program is. The Last Run and Last Finish report "-" as expected. Next Run has a time in it since the program I created revolved around a start time. Can you try this on your end as well and report back the results?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:39 am

I think you have to have another program run. See the picture, the last run for "Notify on Power Restore" (this has never run) is the same as the "Sleep Time" last run.

andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi andyfo0,

Thank you for the screenshot as this helps us talk about the issue.

I tried a number of things on my end to reproduce it and I don't get the same behavior that you are seeing.

Try this, what happens when you click on "Sleep Time" and run the "Then Statement"? If you go back out to the program list does the Notify on Power Restore show the same last run time as Sleep Time?

The way these work is based on Program ID the ISY provides. If the programs have been modified since the last time MobiLinc Pro was synced with the ISY then the Program IDs could be off or stepping on each other. If you perform a "Download All" sync with MobiLinc and the ISY do you get the same behavior or does it go away? The Download All option will wipe out the MobiLinc Pro cache and repopulate with the live ISY data.

This potential for Program IDs to become out of sync if the program list was modified after syncing with the ISY will be fixed in the next MobiLinc Pro release due out in the next month.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:36 pm

"Sleep Time" is triggered by a button push on an IRLinc, so I did that, I pushed the button. It shuts down the house and closes the garage door. I then pulled up MP and sure enough the "Notify on Power Restore" last run field now shows the time I pushed the button.

As far as "Download All" in settings, I do that alot and had just done it about 1 hour before after I tweaked a different scene. I can delete both programs and re-create them if you suggest that but will leave them alone in case there's something else you want me to try.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi andyf0,

It sounds like MobiLinc thinks these have the same program ID. Try this,

With MobiLinc open and connected to your ISY, use the ISY Java console and delete both programs. Verify MobiLinc removed them from My Programs. Recreate both programs in the ISY and verify MobiLinc picked up on the addition.

Now try triggering Sleep Time and see if MobiLinc fixed itself.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:38 am

Well, good news and interesting news.

I kept MP open while I went and deleted both programs in the console. MP did not reflect the deletions but was obviously attempting to do something over WiFi because the whirly star in the top left corner next to the WiFi icon was turning continuously. I let it do this for a couple of minutes, then exited and re-entered MP. The programs were gone and everything seemed fine.

I re-added the two programs and MP went into the same state with the whirly star turning continously. I exited and re-entered MP and the programs were there.

I triggered the Sleep Time program. Checked MP and only the Sleep Time last run was populated. The Notify Last Run field was still blank. This appears to have fixed the original issue but the real time update seems to be in question, which really doesn't bother me, it's not a normal situation leaving it open.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi andyf0,

Glad it's back working again. This spinning loop issue should be fixed in the next release.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments