no "back" link when viewed on iPod Touch

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

no "back" link when viewed on iPod Touch

Postby johnradams » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I am running the latest version of MobiLinc Pro on an iPod Tuch (I guess it is the latest version -- the App Store says all my apps are up-to-date).

As you can see in this screenshot http://adamsj.com/mobilinc/IMG-20110320-00021.jpg, there is no "back" link to the left of "My Favorites". Without this link, I am unable to return to the main screen; my only recourse is to exit the app and re-launch it. Ugh.

The demo video shows a "back" link; where is it on my iPod Touch?

If it helps, I think that the link did appear when I last used the app (perghaps a month ago). I say this because the app is hardly usable without this link, and I am pretty sure that I would remember if that was the case!

Pls advise.
johnradams

Re: no "back" link when viewed on iPod Touch

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi johnradams,

Can't say I've seen this before. You are suppose to have a back link. This is all OS controlled. Are you running iOS 4.x on the latest iPod touch? I would force close MobiLinc (double-tap the home button to bring up the running apps, tap and hold MobiLinc till it shakes, tap the minus sign to close it) and relaunch MobiLinc. Did that fix your issue?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: no "back" link when viewed on iPod Touch

Postby johnradams » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 am

Wes,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The problem mysteriously disappeared. I didn't do anything special -- just picked up the iPod yesterday, and voila the icon was there. But you will hear from me if it recurs!

As far as my iPod, I have an 8GB iPod that came free with my son's Macbook Pro in August 2010 (special deal at the Apple store when buying a MBP for a college-bound youth). I doubt it is "the latest iPod Touch".

Under Settings->General->About, I see "version 4.0 (8A293), and "model MC086LL".

For your amusement, I will also report:
Songs: 0 (hey, I have 11 Sonos zones, who needs a stinkin' iPod :-)
Videos: 0
Photos: 0
Applications: 5
As you might guess, this device is strictly a Sonos and ISY controller.
johnradams

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments