Slow Startup / Hang

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Slow Startup / Hang

Postby belias » Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Hello,

I've been using MobiLinc for about a year now and I absolutely love it. Recently though it's gotten much slower to load. On the first launch (either resume from background or after being forcibly closed) it will frequently hang on My Favorites (my selected startup screen). When this is happening, I can't scroll or press any buttons. Usually, if I wait long enough everything will resolve, but it can take quite a while.

I have a feeling this is likely because I've added quite a few ISY programs lately (up to about 120 or so), and I would imagine MobiLinc tries to sync each one. Is there a way to stop this - or to "hide" certain programs so they won't sync (i.e. more than just "not visible")?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

- Brian
belias

Re: Slow Startup / Hang

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 03, 2011 6:49 am

Hi Brian,

I suspect your analysis is correct. This version (2.17) of MobiLinc is sensitive to the size of the programs, devices, and scenes when they get very large. We have since overhauled the code of MobiLinc (released as MobiLinc HD) and are working on an upgrade to existing MobiLinc Pro users that we hope to have out by the end of May. MobiLinc HD and the planned release of MobiLinc Pro upgrade completly re-writes the ISY and SmartLinc driver code to streamline it so that these hanging issues on the Favorites page and slow startup issues go away.

Thank you for being such a loyal MobiLinc Pro user. Please hang in there and know that we are working hard to get the update out.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby timdenike » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:48 am

+1 here

Been using Mobilinc Pro for years. Every since the major overhaul, the startup time is horrendous. I was excited to see the new version addressed this, but my startup time went from 45 seconds to 30 seconds. This is pretty much unusable, by the time the app starts up, I could go turn the light off myself. I've reverted to just bookmarking the ISY devices page.

What's the deal? I don't have a ton of exotic programs or scenes. Save perhaps an "Everything" scene with all my devices I'd normally want to turn off in one go.
timdenike

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi Tim,

I'm glad you contacted us. I've seen your reviews of MobiLinc Pro and have attempted to find you to see what we could do with no luck in the past.

I've got several questions to try to understand your setup:

What iOS version are you using?
What iOS device are you using?
Approx how many devices, scenes and programs do you have?

When that app starts up, it will cache quite a bit a data in RAM so that using the app is fluid. For those with really large setups this does take some time to do. After that initial cold start, MobiLinc should transition in and out of background mode if you are on an iOS 4 device or later.

Are you seeing the app start up cold every time you launch the app?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments