iphone no longer syncs to ISY99i

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

iphone no longer syncs to ISY99i

Postby appell » Wed May 04, 2011 10:17 am

I have an iphone 4 running the latest version. For about 4 weeks it was working great then I started getting the message "Failed to Connect - Could not connect to the server." I have an ISY99i. I unplugged my Apple Airport and re-powered. For about 3 seconds it looked like it was working then got the same message again. MobilelinkPro is using HTTPS for auto connect method in my home even though I have wifi through the airport. Universal Devices tech support thinks it may be a wireless issue but we can't seem to make it work. We checked all of the settings and everything appears to be right. Please help. I love this program when it works.The iphone can't sync and all of the scenes and devices are gone from the menu. Universal Devices gave me the following supposed help....

Have you tried assigning a static IP based on the ISY99i MAC address? if not, try this but set the IP outside of the DHCP range. You may be experiencing an IP mismatch. You can assign the static IP by going to the DHCP tab and adding it to the DHCP Reservations section. The ISY99i can stay on DHCP since the airport will assign the IP based on the MAC address. The MAC address can be found under the help -> About section of the Admin console. This is the same place that you get the ISP99i IP address normally. then just make sure the Mobilink has this same IP set.

I replied with....
Can you be more specific? Where is the Admin console? Where is the DHCP tap? What is an IP address outside the DHCP range? Can you call me and walk me through the process? Can you give me a phone number to call? This is very new to me and I don't want to mess up the ISY settings so it doesn't work with the Insteon devices via the computer program from Universal Devices.

Can someone give me a step by step fix for this one? Thanks.
appell

Re: iphone no longer syncs to ISY99i

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 05, 2011 6:53 am

Hi appell,

When you get the Auto (HTTPS) connect method verify that your iPhone is actually connected to your WiFi network (the same one as the ISY is conencted to).

MobiLinc will choose HTTPS if MobiLinc can't see your ISY. So, if you are connected to 3G, a neighbors WiFi connection or the ISY isn't responding to network commands then MobiLinc will switch to the HTTS connect method.

If your phone is connected to your WiFi, not 3G, and you still get this error, I would reboot the ISY. In your write-up I didn't see where you may have taken this step. It's possible that the ISY stopped responding to network commands and a reboot is required.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments