Scene status in v.3

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Re: Scene status in v.3

Postby biredale » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 am

Hey Wes,

I am not at home but here are the results from what I just tried remotely;

Scene : Christmas Lights
Device in Scene : Eves Light (ToggleLinc Relay)

Current Status : Scene is ON, Device is OFF

Scene Response for Scene Commands;

Scene Command ON : No Response
Scene Command OFF : No Response
Scene Command FAST ON : Scene is OFF, Device is ON
Scene Command FAST OFF : Scene is ON, Device is OFF

Scene Response for Device Commands;

Device Command ON : Scene is OFF, Device is ON
Device Command OFF : Scene is ON, Device is OFF

This behavior is the same on both iPhone and iPad devices.

It seems like the device status is operating and somehow it just got out of sync. I have previously deleted the a different scene and recreated it (it fixed the issue), this has occured several times.

Thanks,

Brian.
biredale

Re: Scene status in v.3

Postby AdminWes » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:15 am

Hi Brian,

How is the scene defined? Meaning, in the ISY Java console when you click on only the Scene Name what does the scene say should happen to your ToggleLinc? Should the ToggleLinc go to 100% on or off? Based on your description it sounds like the scene is defined as turning the ToggleLinc OFF when the scene is activated.

I've never seen the scene get out of sync as the way the code operate is it makes it's ON/OFF decision based on what the ISY tells MobiLinc how the scene behaves. It sounds like what's happening is the scene is defined as turning the togglelinc to the OFF position when the scene is activated. In this case, MobiLinc will show the scene as ON when the toggleLinc is off since that's what the scene is defined as.

Here's another way to test. Log into the ISY admin console and find your scene. Click on only the scene name from the left side of the window. Click ON to turn the scene ON. What happens to your devices in your scene? They should respond how the scene is defined and MobiLinc will then show ON for the scene status.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments