Scene status in v.3

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Scene status in v.3

Postby tfitzpatri8 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:48 pm

I read the announcement about how scenes are supposed to work in v. 3, but I'm having trouble with one scene showing as On even after I turn the scene Off using MobiLinc and all member devices show as off. Is this because the scene includes a member with an On level of Off?

If I create another new scene on the ISY with the identical member devices, that scene works as expected.
tfitzpatri8

Re: Scene status in v.3

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Let me ask this first, what are the devices in the scene? Are they all KPLs? Is any device in the scene actually controllable?

It may be that MobiLinc hadn't read in the scene settings yet as part of startup so it didn't know what that scene was suppose to do. Try allowing MobiLinc approx 30 seconds on startup to be sure MobiLinc has downloaded all the scene information and try the scene again. Same or different behavior?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tfitzpatri8 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:24 am

The scene contains a SwitchLinc Relay, an InLineLinc relay with the level of Off, and a KeypadLinc secondary button. I tried waiting 30 seconds this morning. Neither waiting nor turning the scene on or off using MobiLinc changes the state of the scene.
tfitzpatri8

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:31 am

I've seen in my setup a similar situation where when MobiLinc reads the scene settings it appears to be different than what gets displayed in the Admin console. I've only seen this maybe once. Since you said that by recreating the scene caused the new scene to report correctly, it sounds like the old scene isn't sending the right info to MobiLinc. Try this, take your old scene and change the ON levels of the devices in the scene to force the ISY to update the scene information. Then resync with MobiLinc and see if that corrects the scene issue.

If not, then I suspect that you already found the solution by re-creating the scene.

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Goggles Pizano » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Wes;
I am having the same issue, and recreating the scene didn't help.
I have a garage door scene with just the ioLinc Relay in it. On the My Scenes page on my iPhone, all of my scenes show as Off except the Garage Door scene. It says "On". I have recreated the scene and removed all devices except the ioLinc relay, to no avail. When I first recreated the scene, it showed off... and then it changed to on. Now, when I open the door, the status changes to off! It reads backwards. Frustration. All was good with the previous version of Mobilinc.
Goggles Pizano

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

The way MobiLinc currently calculates scene status it ignores status only devices. Where scenes that only contain status only devices like the IOLinc sensor and KPLs, MobiLinc does not calculate scene status correctly. Note that scene status is brand new for version 3.0, previous versions of MobiLinc did not attempt to calculate scene status.

For your scene, would you list out all the devices for the scene and the ON levels as set in the Admin console for that scene? I'd like to replicate here and test the in-progress fix.

We are working on a fix and will be releasing a new version of MobiLinc to Apple for approval by the end of the week (that's the plan).

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby abartello » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 am

I'm experiencing the same exact problems as outlined by others in this chain. No problems with the previous version of MobiLinc. Please correct.
Thanks.
Tony
abartello

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Tony,

I may have responded to you over on the UDI forms. We've got this fixed and submitted to Apple for approval.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Goggles Pizano » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:07 am

Wes;

Just downloaded and installed the updated app, and am glad to say that the wonky status for my garage door scene is now reporting properly! Thanks! Will continue to test and will let you know if there are any other anomalies...
Goggles Pizano

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:24 am

Great! Glad to hear the update fixed it.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments