Scene status in v.3

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Re: Scene status in v.3

Postby Bjhanson3 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:41 am

I am still having this and crashing problems. Has this been fixed in the new version?
Bjhanson3

Postby AdminWes » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Bjhanson3,

Yes, all known crashing issues are fixed in the released version. Can you describe the steps you do in MobiLinc to make it crash?

Also, this thread started off talking about scene status. Do you have scenes that you believe are not reporting correct status?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Bjhanson3 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Wes,
Let me start by saying that the problems started after the last software update. Now when I open the app it runs through the new auto caching which takes about five seconds and when complete it will show several scenes as on that aren't. Most common are ones that have a relaylinc like door locks. Nothing seems to be repeatable, so I can't pinpoint any variables that drive this. I have about 30 insteon devices running with an isy and the insteon plm. Same issue for the crashing. I don't know what variables lead to it because it appears to be random although it surely isn't. Just spent five minutes running it through a series of on's and off's with no issues, but two days ago it told me three scenes were on that weren't until I cycled the scenes with the mobilinc or with the local buttons to sync then up to their true status. Thanks in advance for the support Wes. FYI I have never done any isy firmware upgrades that some have mentioned. Lastly is there an add on app being developed to control ELK security systems?
Regards
Bruce
Bjhanson3

Postby AdminWes » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 am

Hi Bruce,

Yes, the ELK Security plug is in development along with IP Camera support.

For the scene status issue, the likely cause is that MobiLinc doesn't have all the data it needs to make a decision about the scene's ON level as defined by the ISY. Please try the following:

1. Launch MobiLinc
2. Go to My Settings->Lighting controller
3. Tap the Sync button and select Update Only
4. Wait until it finishes.
5. Find your scene that wasn't displaying the right ON Level. Is it now displayed correctly?

If this doesn't fix you issue, please describe your scene to me, the ON levels as defined by the ISY in the scene definition and I'll either reproduce, or relay why the scene is reading what's is reading.

Last question, what ISY firmware are you using?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Bjhanson3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:52 am

Wes,
Look forward to both those plug ins. As for my issue I have done that before, so I know that won't correct it. Turned on the app and one scene is incorrect this morning. This scene contains an insteon relay controlled by to different six button insteon keypads that open a door lock. Mobilinc is currently telling me that both buttons are on and the relay is on. All three are currently off however. When I cycled the door lock from on to off the status in Mibilinc did correctly go to off and now follows the correct status. I will try to get the firmware version when I get my laptop running. Don't think I can pull that up with the IPad since isy runs on Java.
Bruce
Bjhanson3

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Bruce,

MobiLinc can only display the status that the ISY reports. When you have a device/scene that you believe is out of sync with your real devices, log into the Admin Console and see if the Admin Console reports the same thing. The likely answer is the Admin Console will report the same device status as MobiLinc. This is most likely due to a communication problem with the devices and the ISY PLM device. If you force a device Query through the Admin Console or navigate to the device details page in MobiLinc and do a "Pull-To-Refresh" to force a device query, in some cases this can resolve some of the communication issues.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Bjhanson3 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:12 am

Wes,
I will wait for the next time it is out of sync and check the isy admin console. Force refreshing on mobilinc hasn't worked in the past. I do have the latest non beta firmware release. Should I be talking to the isy folks about this problem then?
Bjhanson3

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi Bruce,

Possibly. Just from my MobiLinc perspective I'd like to know when it happens again if the Admin Console is reporting the same thing. If that's true, then either I can help you diagnose, or the ISY guys can.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby biredale » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:19 am

I just installed this IOS app yesterday and am seeing the same behavior. A scene remains 'on' even after all the devices in the scene have been turned 'off'.
biredale

Postby AdminWes » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 am

Hi biredale,

Diagnosing scene status isn't 100% straight forward. I'll need some additional information from you to help:

Is it all your scenes or just one scene that doesn't change state?
When the scene doesn't change state can you control devices and see the individual device state change?

Tell me about your scene:
- What types of devices are in your scene?
- Which ones are the controllers of the scene?

Some user have reported that recreating the scene in the ISY and re-syncing MobiLinc has fixed scene status issues for them.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments