Guest Mode not working in ver. 3

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Guest Mode not working in ver. 3

Postby belias » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 am

Hello,

First off, great job with Version 3 - I love the interface changes, and it loads much faster with multiple programs now...thank you!

However, I am having an issue with guest mode in Version 3. With this option enabled (and we use this all the time), clicking on a scene in "My Favorites" doesn't open the panel with device controls. Also, perhaps in Guest Mode it could be possible to only display the control options (as before), and hide things such as "Scene Options" and "Module Options". This let's me provide a very simple interface showing only the minimum number of controls.

Thanks again for an awesome app and the great support.

- Brian
belias

Re: Guest Mode not working in ver. 3

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:28 am

Hi Brian,

You bring up a good point. The idea is to use the icons to control your devices. What we should do is disable the tunnel into the scene or device and only allow the icon based control of that device or scene. Tap the icon to turn on/off. Double-tap for fast on/off or press and hold for dimming. We'll make this change in the next update for guest mode.

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby belias » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Wes,

This sounds good - but just to be sure we're on the same page...there also appears to be a bug in the current version where pressing on a scene in Guest Mode does not work at all (i.e. no control options appear).

In terms of the improvements: I do like having the ability to specify the exact control options that my users see when they click on a scene or device. For example, let's say I set up a scene for an IO Linc on a garage door. I set this up to show "OPEN" and "CLOSE" rather than ON/OFF and this avoids a lot of confusion. I'm not sure that a simple tap-on / tap-off would allow this kind of flexibility...

Just my two cents...

Thanks again,

- Brian
belias

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Brian,

This is actually by design. In guest mode we didn't want to allow the user to tunnel into the scene or device controls and force the user to use the ICON to turn the scene/device on and off. We can look at adding back in the popup controls in addition to the ICON control under guest mode.

Would that address your concerns?

Also, we agree with you on the rename of ON/OFF as well. This is on our to-do list.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby belias » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 am

Hi Wes,

Sorry for my misunderstanding - I now get the whole ICON tap-on / tap-off while in guest mode. As to the second part: yes - bringing back the customizable pop-up controls would be perfect!

Thanks,

- Brian
belias

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments