Status Not Updating

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Re: Status Not Updating

Postby tgruidl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 pm

I am running an iphone and am receiving a connection failed when trying to connect on 3GS.
Any ideas?
Tim
tgruidl

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi Tim,

Receving a general connection failed error almost always indicates that the IP and port settings entered are either incorrect to reach your ISY or the router isn't portforwarding the ISY port to the correct ISY IP address. Also check to be sure that your ISY hasn't changed IP addresses, if DHCP is enabled on the ISY.

More information: if your connection method in My Settings is set to Auto or HTTPS, verify that the IP/Port information entered in MobiLinc for the SSL fields are correct to reach your ISY and that your router is forwarding your SSL port to your ISY IP address.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tgruidl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:48 am

I will have to figure this out with my router - SonicWall - which I am not an expert with.
How can I connect to my device externally from a web browser but not through the app - is it because my browser is connecting without SSL but the app does connect through SSL?

If so, I deduce that I have the port forwarding working on my sonicwall with :80 but not with :443
Does this sound correct - if so, it would give me direction for my support call with sonicwall
Thanks,
Tim
tgruidl

Postby AdminWes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:59 am

Hi Tim,

You can connect to your ISY through SSL (port 443) by entering the following into your web browser:

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the external router IP address.

If that doesn't work, try connecting internally by replacing the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the ISY internal IP address just to verify that the ISY would respond over SSL if the data made it to the ISY.

MobiLinc can connect over HTTP or HTTPS depending on which Connect Method you have selected in My Settings. If you have Auto selected, MobiLinc will auto detect your ISY on Wifi. If the ISY is found, then MobiLinc will connect using HTTP. If the ISY isn't found over WiFi or you only have a 3G signal, then MobiLinc will connect over HTTPS.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc