KPL Buttons and Scenes

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

KPL Buttons and Scenes

Postby mitch236 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:09 pm

I have the ISY 99i. I am using firmware 2.7.12

I have a Scene that is controlled by one of my KPL buttons (not the load button). When I activate the Scene with Mobilinc, it doesn't send a command to the KPL to change its status. I don't see the KPL listed in the Scene on Mobilinc either even though it is in the Scene in the Admin console of the ISY.

Is there a fix or something I need to correct?
mitch236

Re: KPL Buttons and Scenes

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:09 am

Hi mitch236,

I saw your post over at Universal Devices. (http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=4221&highlight=kpl).

I can confirm that MobiLinc does display the secondary KPL buttons in a scene and when commanding the scene to ON, all devices and KPL buttons associated with the scene also change to ON.

Try this...Go into My Settings and tap "Tap to Sync with ISY" and select Update Only. This will re-download all your devices and scenes and cache the MobiLinc database with the current set of devices and scenes from your ISY. Does the KPL button now show up in your scene list?

If you make changes to the folder layout, device list, scene list, or programs AND MobiLinc is not activially running on your device, MobiLinc doesn't know that there is a change to your ISY configuration and you will need to re-sync it to tell MobiLinc about the new configuration.

Let me know if that fixed your problem,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mitch236 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:44 am

I tried the sync function and the KPL button still isn't there. I have the six button KPL. In the one Scene where the main buttons control the local load of the KPL, that particular button does show up in the Scene but the other four non-load buttons do not. I'll try to get some screen shots and post them here.
mitch236

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi mitch236,

Maybe you can clarify something for me. In your scene with the KPL, was your intent to have all the KPL buttons part of the scene? From your last post it sounded like you expected to see all your buttons listed. If the ISY scene only has the main load button as part of the scene then that's all you should see in the MobiLinc scene device list. Each of the non-load buttons are treated as seperate devices. Usually you only have one KPL button assigned as a member of a scene.

Please clarify that what you want to have is the main load button and the 4 non-load buttons in the same scene and that this is setup through the JAVA interface to the ISY and is not appearing in the MobiLinc interface.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc