Dim/Brighten

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Dim/Brighten

Postby drg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 pm

I installed some new switches (non dimmers) today. However, now I notice that my Mobilinc does not display Dim or Brighten on my dimmer switches. If they are part of scene, the scene has dim and brighten. Is this a bug or an error on my part. Please help!
drg

Re: Dim/Brighten

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:18 am

Hi drg,

Go under My Settings and tap the Sync button (Update Only option) to redownload all your devices and scenes to MobiLinc. Check your dimmers again, is dim/bright back? If not, are all the dimmers affected the same way? If only a few are affected, what does MobiLinc report as the Device Type for these dimmer devices?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby drg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks for your reply. All the light switch dimmers are affected the same ... no dim/brighten option. I have lamp modules that work just fine regarding the dim/brighten. When the light switch dimmer in a scene that also has a lamp module that can be dimmed/brightened, then the whole scene has the option for dim/brighten.

I did try your suggestion already but still no change. The light switch dimmer is recognized as the correct device on Mobilinc.
drg

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi drg,

Try two things:
1. Please post back what MobiLinc is reporting for your dimmer switches under the "Type" field when you select your dimmer device.
2. Try going under the Advanced Options and enter in a friendly name for the bright/dim fields and see if that sticks. I'm checking here to see if these fields were wiped out.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby drg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:31 pm

The type on Mobilinc for all the dimmers is 1.25.56.0

I did try to add a name for Dim and Bright under advanced, however, it did not save it. It goes back to Hiding Command.
drg

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:55 am

Hi drg,

Ah, ok, this makes sense then. It looks like SmartHome has released a new version of their Dimmer Switch and updated the device type code. MobiLinc doesn't recognize the device type code and will default the device to on, off, fast on, fast off only. I've got the new device code and will update MobiLinc to recognize it as a dimmer switch. This update will be in the next release.

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby drg » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 am

Thanks for solving this mystery. When you expect the new update to be released?

The other bug regarding dim/brighten that I've noticed is the following: When you have a scene that includes switch linc dimmers and regular on/off switch lincs, and then use the Mobilinc to dim or brighten the whole scene ... it then says it actually dimmed the on/off switch linc to whatever percentage also. Normally, if you had the switch linc on/off switch alone, you would never get a percentage of brightness for the on/off switch. It functions perfectly normal so it is not a big deal.

Thanks again
drg

Postby AdminWes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi drg,

I'm looking at sometime late April for the next release.

I tried the scene dimming with switches and I didn't see the same behavior you are reporting. I'll continue to try it and see if I can reproduce the same % dim effect.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc