Garage Door Status

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Garage Door Status

Postby Mridixon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:59 am

I recently added he garage door status kit and overall I'm happy. There was a scene that I copied from another forum which helped me show the status of the garage door as well as being able to control it from 2 separate keypads. The problem that I'm having is wih MobiLinc. I want to be able to controll the garage door, as well as see the correct status . I did delete he garage door from my devices area in MobiLinc and that would have to be corrected as well. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks
Mridixon

Re: Garage Door Status

Postby AdminWes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 am

Hi Mridixon,

I can help with this, but I'll need a little more info regarding the scenes and how you've got your setup working right now with the keypads. With your current setup, how does the scene appear in MobiLinc? Can you tap the scene Icon to Open or Close the garage door?

Also, how is the IOLinc setup? Which Momentary mode is it setup as and which parts of the IO Linc are setup as controller/responders to the scene?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Mridixon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for your response! I may have a more simple solution that may solve the problem. I accidentally deleted my left garage relay and left garage sensor from my list of devices. How can I get them back ? I added a right garage relay and right sensor for a second garage door and I'm able to see the correct status of the door! I'm learning that when starting with Insteon products you must have some patience.
Mridixon

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 am

Hi Mridixon,

Yes, patience with DIY projects (and especially home automation) is a must.

You can get all your deleted devices and scenes back by going to My Settings->Lighting Controller->Tap to Sync and select "Download All". This will completely resync MobiLinc with your ISY. Be aware that the side effect is any custom setup like favorites or custom status names will be reset back to defaults with the "Download All" option.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Mridixon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Thank you! Got it working! Slowly but surely I'm getting the hang of this!!
Mridixon

Postby AdminWes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:30 am

Excellent!
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc