iMeterSolo data display

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

iMeterSolo data display

Postby GuitarBuilder » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:03 pm

My iMeterSolo shows up fine on the My Energy screen. Tapping on it brings up the option to query the device and update the readings, which it does very well.

Why not provide the option to query iMeterSolo at regular intervals and display the data on a timeline? I would find that a very useful feature.
GuitarBuilder

Re: iMeterSolo data display

Postby AdminWes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi GuitarBuilder,

It's mostly due to low demand of the iMeterSolo products. In fact, in this next update with more advanced charting and energy monitoring services, there are a couple of changes you should be aware about with iMeterSolo devices.

We've removed the query option in MobiLinc/iOS for iMeterSolo's. We'll add it back in if there's demand from the community to add this back in. It didn't fit well inside of our new pie charting update and thus removed it since you can accomplish the same (and do it better) through through the ISY.

What I'd recommend is that you write a small macro in the ISY that queries the iMeterSolo every 5 minutes or so. That way when you log into MobiLinc and see the pie chart, you know it's fresh data and can watch it change as you leave the My Energy page open.

Also, the advanced energy feature for MobiLinc is only for Zigbee energy reporting devices attached to the ISY. This is because the ISY and Zigbee energy auto-report energy use at regular intervals in a predictable format. The iMeterSolo doesn't auto-report and thus we did not program long term charting support for this device.

If there's significant demand from the users to add this, we will reevaluate and consider.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc