Set a Favorite or Button to only send "On"

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Set a Favorite or Button to only send "On"

Postby cartman413 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to go about making my Garage I/O controller to have only an "On" button on my favorites page.

The issue is that my Garage I/O linc is set to momentary and the opener only responds to a "On" command sent to it. "Off" does not trigger the garage opener.

Please advise on how to accomplish this. (i use a ISY994 and Mobilinc Pro.)

Thank you,
cartman413

Re: Set a Favorite or Button to only send "On"

Postby Jimbo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Check out this post on the udi forums:
http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... 27&t=11445

I have the same issue as you, currently I am just using a scene with the iolinc in momentary b mode so toggling the scene in mobilinc works good. But it's on my todo list for this weekend to try out the programming that is shown in that article.
Jimbo

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 am

cartman413 and jimsearle,

There are many ways the IO Linc can be configured. The scene with Momentary B mode as Jim suggested is one way to do this. For another way, look at this post on page 2 where I describe the method I have setup at my home: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7146&start=15

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Jimbo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks Wes, great timing since I'm setting up my other two garage doors today. I'll try your method.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Jimbo

Postby cartman413 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Wes,

I really like the idea you pointed to. Was hoping you could get me past one hurdle.

I want to use your program, for garage light status indicator linked to a KPL button.

My issue is I've changed my KPL to send Off commands only and programmed the Garage I/O to respond to a fast off. (this is cause my toddler loves to press the buttons so this helps prevent him from opening the garage inadvertently.)

What I can't figure out is how to implement this is the KPL key is not a direct controller. It only activates the garage opener with a fast off command.

Any thoughts?

I should clarify that i have this working using the Scene for Status and the device for the opener. But it seems like you have created it such that the scene can control the opener as well. If I do it that way It seems like I get out of sync when triggering the scene.

TIA
cartman413

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi cartman413,

What you are trying to do may not be possible with my suggestion using the scene controls. I actually don't know for sure, but if the IOLinc only responds to a FAST OFF scene command if you tell the scene to turn FAST OFF does it work?

For the KPL to send a FAST OFF command you'd have to double-tap the KPL.

Not sure if that gets you any closer or not, as I'm not sure I completely follow where your setup breaks down.

You might need to write a couple of programs to bridge the functionality and keep everything in sync.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Jimbo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:56 pm

I tried these suggestions, and many others but was still never completely satisfied. I started a new thread on the udi forum since the main problem is really more insteon/isy specific. http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... 26&t=12081
Jimbo

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi jimsearle,

I read your UDI post. That sounds very interesting. I, for one, would be interested in seeing your programs. I like your added feature with the blinking KPL representing that something is happening. Sounds slick!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Jimbo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Hey Wes,

OK, I'll post them in that topic. Thanks for your interest, I thought it was pretty slick too!

Jim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Jimbo

Next

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc