Ipad 1 + Mobilinc Pro getting Network Error?

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Ipad 1 + Mobilinc Pro getting Network Error?

Postby cartman413 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 am

Hi,

I'm getting a network error with an Ipad 1 (old unit i'm repurposing as a dedicated Mobilinc control).

I have a mobilinc connect account.

Is there a compatibility issue? it's an Ipad 1 running 5.0.1 software. Mobiline v3.21.03

my ipad mini and iphone 5 work fine. It's just the iPad1 that is having the issue. I've even deleted and reinstalled to see if this would work, but doesn't seem to help.

It does work when connected using local settings. (not the mobilinc proxy service)
cartman413

Re: Ipad 1 + Mobilinc Pro getting Network Error?

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi cartman413,

MobiLinc PRO/HD is compatible with the iPad 1 and iOS 5.

Please check your Wi-Fi connection and verify you can reach your ISY through Safari on your iPad.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby cartman413 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi Wes,

So I don't thinks its a mobilinc issue. It's a mobilic connect issue.

If I swap out all the login info to local IP and isy login it works fine.

Buy if I try to use mobilinc connect it gives me the network error.

Was trying to figure out why that would be the case. Not a huge deal as the ipad 1 never leaves the house.
cartman413

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi cartman413,

Interesting. MLC is working fine and there's no issues with the iPad 1 and MobiLinc Connect (I just tested to re-confirm our previous 3.21.03 testing on the iPad 1).

Try upgrading your iPad to the latest iPad OS: 5.1.1. If you still get connection errors, check what DNS IP is being assigned to your iPad. You might want to try Google's Open DNS IP: 8.8.4.4

It sounds like the iPad isn't resolving DNS addresses (my guess). Just need to figure out why that is.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby GuitarBuilder » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:11 pm

I use MobiLinc on my iPad 1 without any issues.
GuitarBuilder

Postby cartman413 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Seems very odd that a specific ipad would have a dns issue when none of the other device do.

I don't assign a DNS setting in any of my devices as the router handles this.

I was thinking it was an incompatibility with ios 5.01 or ipad 1. It's even more odd that its just mobilinc connect. Is there a device # limit for connect by any chance?

I probably won't upgrade anytime soon as I don't want to hassle with putting Xbmc back on the ipad after upgrading.

Just very puzzling to me why I'm having that issue.
cartman413

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:29 am

Hi cartman413,

I agree, it is puzzling.

There's two key differences with MobiLinc Connect versus a direct connection. With MobiLinc Connect the iOS device needs to have internet access. With a direct method, the iOS device doesn't require internet access if it's local.

With MobiLinc Connect we verify our server's SSL cert. If this fails verification we'll abort the connection with an SSL error message. I don't think you are getting a specific SSL cert error are you? Can you provide the exact screenshot of the error message?

Not sure I followed your comment about XBMC. Is the iPad 1 jailbroken?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc