Does this work with ISY 26

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Does this work with ISY 26

Postby rpmccormick » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:16 pm

I have an ISY-26. It is running the newest firmware I know of, 2.7.15

Your website says it works with an ISY-26 v2.7 and above. Your Android app says it must be v3.1.17 and talks about Purchase Modules which my ISY has nothing like. Is it possible to get this Android app to work with my ISY-26?

It does show my ISY's UUID correctly, but when I click Register ISY, it says: "ISY hasn't connected to MLPortal yet". I googled ISY+MLPortal and found absolutely nothing.

TIA
rpmccormick

Re: Does this work with ISY 26

Postby rpmccormick » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Nevermind... I figured out how to exit the "Setup Wizard" then went to settings and changed the dropdown to ISY. Seems to work pretty good. I wish you could create a "Remote-Control" interface, where you have separate on/off for each favorite, or maybe a select-button for each favorite, and then a big arrow keys in the middle of them (On/Bright/Off/Dim).

I will probably buy the Pro, but I home for continued development, as it could look a lot better and provide a non-list-like interface (in addition to keeping the existing interface as it is great for setup, just not for non-teckie use).

EDIT: Pro costs $20? That's way too much! Good work adding Tasker support, but this app has a long way to go before I'd be willing to shell out $20 for it. I hate paying for what something might become. I'd like to support such things but as an early-adopter I am suck with my ISY-26 and no new features will ever be added. The 99 came out just over a month after I bought my 26, and now they got those 3 digit ones. I really don't get why they couldn't make these things upgradable. It uses an external PLM for god sake. The processor should be fine for all of this stuff, so it is just software talking to Network and Serial. Why do they have to keep re-inventing this thing instead of just upgrading the software? </rant>
rpmccormick

Re: Does this work with ISY 26

Postby AdminWes » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:32 am

Hi rpmccormick,

Yes, as you've discovered, MobiLinc does still work with the ISY-26. Our MobiLinc Connect cloud service requires features from a more recent firmware that the ISY-26 doesn't support, but direct connections are still supported.

Questions about the ISY-26 support should be directed at Universal Devices. As far as I know, they ran out of internal flash storage space to host the firmware images and had to move to a larger flash part (ISY-99 and now the ISY-994i).

We are working on a modernization UI upgrade currently for MobiLinc that may addresses some of your points raised. We make all feature and release announcemnts on our Facebook page: http://facebook.com/MobiLinc

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc