Scene & Device Status Not Updating?

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Scene & Device Status Not Updating?

Postby jonnyauto » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:01 am

I am using Mobilinc Pro for my ISY-994i. Recently I noticed that the current status for my scenes and devices are not updating in the app, even after a pull down/refresh. For example, If I turn off an Insteon light switch or turn on a scene locally without using the Mobilinc app, the App does not up date and may show the opposite of what has happened. However, if I do use the app to effect those changes, the app works and reflects the correct status. It does not seem to be getting the updates from the controller.
Any suggestions? It was working fine a week or so ago.
jonnyauto

Re: Scene & Device Status Not Updating?

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:38 am

Hi Jonnyauto,

What does the Admin Console report for status under your scenario?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jonnyauto » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:46 am

Great question... I should have reconciled that first. It looks like, in some cases, the admin console correctly reflects and others it does not. I just attempted to restore and write updates to all devices. So far, it seems to be working again for most scenes. For some reason, it looks like the switches/sensors were not being reflected correctly at the hub in some cases. However, after updating it some instances still exist. for example, I have a simple scene that turns on a chandelier and two sconces in a living room area. If I turn on the chandelier from the switch, admin console, or even Mobilinc, Mobilinc shows the device as on, but does not reflect the scene as being 50% on. If I do that test with the sconces, all works correctly. I have tried restoring/updating the chandelier switch a few times. Any suggestions?
jonnyauto

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Jonnyauto,

Can you be a little more specific about the outstanding scenario? I'm not sure I followed you. What I'd like to see from you is the following:

Admin Console:
- List the devices in your scene and which ones are controllers.
- When the scene is told to go ON, what's the devices in the scene supposed to do? All go to 100%?

MobiLinc:
- Which devices are you tapping ON and where? Is it the icon or in the device details tapping the ON row?
- What does MobiLinc report for the scene status with the one device ON?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jonnyauto » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Wes,
Thanks… once again, your questions led me to what I think is the answer (teach a man to fish…).

Here is what I am seeing:

In the console:
- The devices in the scene are 2 Dual Band 2477D Dimmers
- Both are responders
- The dimmer to the chandelier is set to 80% for the scene and the sconce dimmer to 100%

In Mobilinc:
- if I go direct to the device and turn on the sconce only, it shows the scene as 50% on. If I turn the sconce off and then turn the chandelier on (100%), the scene shows as off.

I was expecting it to show as partially on (50%). It seems that if I turn on the chandelier >80% it views the scene as off. If I turn on the chandelier <=80% is shows it as partially on.

It seems that the issue I had before has nothing to do with this… this is a question of my misunderstanding of how the system works. So it seems, all is now well.

Thank you for the help and education.
jonnyauto

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi Jonnyauto,

Ok, perfect. Thank you. Yes, this is the expected behavior. The reason is that when you turn the Chandelier to 100%, it doesn't match your scene definition. So, by the scene's definition, the scene is really off since the device status does not match the scene definition.

What I'd recommend is that if you only ever want your Chandelier to go to 80% is to set the ON Level through MobiLinc or the Admin Console to 80% for the Chandelier, that way, when you turn it ON it'll match the ON Level as defined in the scene.

Now, if you want the Chandelier to sometimes go to 80% and sometime go to 100%, then you'll end up with your scene sometimes being on and sometime being off all depending on where that scenes devices are set at.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc