Can't connect anymore??

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Can't connect anymore??

Postby rdiggidy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:46 am

I have an Iphone 4 running iOS v4.0.1 with Mobilinc v2.17.00 and ISY-99i with v2.7.15

I downloaded Mobilinc about 2 weeks ago when I bought and set up my ISY-99i. It worked great for about a week. Since then, it won't connect at all. The only change I made was add another thermostat and one more appliance plug in module. Both are working fine, but the Mobilinc is not. So, I uninstalled Mobilinc and then re-installed it. I re-input my username, password, and IP address and when I click "sync" I get the following message: "Failed to Connect. Error Received = Could not connect to the server"

If I use my iphone's web browser to go to my internal IP address, I can use my username and password to login to the ISY-99 and control my Insteon devices (likewise on a laptop), so the ISY is working.

Any thoughts on why this isn't working, or suggestions on how to fix it?
rdiggidy

Re: Can't connect anymore??

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 am

Hi rdiggidy,

The error you received indicates that MobiLinc couldn't find your ISY at the address provided. Now, there are a number of things to check to make sure MobiLinc can see your ISY on your network.

First, when you removed and reinstalled MobiLinc, did MobiLinc auto-find your ISY and prompt you for your username and password? If not, then MobiLinc didn't see any UDP return response from your ISY and indicates a network problem.

Check the following:
1. Reboot your ISY.
2. Verify that on a computer you can log into the ISY's Java admin console (not just the initial web page)
3. Verify your iOS device is connected to your local LAN.
4. Launch MobiLinc and verify the IP and Port settings for the "Local (HTTP)" settings.
5. Change the connect method to HTTP.
6. Sync with your ISY.

If that all works then I would recommend changing the connect method back to Auto and configuring your router to port forward traffic to your ISY. Enter in your IP/Port info for the SSL settings. With these configured you can access your ISY from inside or outside your home on 3G service.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rdiggidy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi rdiggidy,

The error you received indicates that MobiLinc couldn't find your ISY at the address provided. Now, there are a number of things to check to make sure MobiLinc can see your ISY on your network.

First, when you removed and reinstalled MobiLinc, did MobiLinc auto-find your ISY and prompt you for your username and password?
If not, then MobiLinc didn't see any UDP return response from your ISY and indicates a network problem.

Check the following:
1. Reboot your ISY.
2. Verify that on a computer you can log into the ISY's Java admin console (not just the initial web page)
3. Verify your iOS device is connected to your local LAN.
4. Launch MobiLinc and verify the IP and Port settings for the "Local (HTTP)" settings.
5. Change the connect method to HTTP.
6. Sync with your ISY.

If that all works then I would recommend changing the connect method back to Auto and configuring your router to port forward traffic to your ISY. Enter in your IP/Port info for the SSL settings. With these configured you can access your ISY from inside or outside your home on 3G service.

Restarted the ISY (which I guess is the only thing I didn't try before) and it connected right away (no changes to any settings). Didn't try that earlier because the ISY was still responding from a computer and the iphones browser. Got my fingers crossed that it will keep working!

Thanks for the quick reply/suggestions! With this kind of support and what appears to be regular updates, I feel confident buying this app for my wife's iphone too.
rdiggidy

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:07 am

Great! Glad it's all working again for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc