Some issues with zwave devices with my setup

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Some issues with zwave devices with my setup

Postby yeswork » Sun May 18, 2014 1:36 pm

I use and enjoy mobilinc every day. However, I have some zwave devices that seem to be missing, and/or misclassified in mobilinc.

I just got started wth zwave on my ISY994 4.2.2 Zwave 4.55
Aeon Labs DSB09104-ZWUS Z-Wave Home Energy Monitor
Radio Thermostat CT30 with Z-Wave USNAP Module RTZW-01
ISY sees and reports power/voltage from “ Aeon home energy monitor”
ISY sees and reports temperature/controls CT30 thermostat

Here are the issues

Ipad mini ios 7.1.1 with mobilinc pro 4.00.1
Sees “home energy monitor” as a light switch (no voltage or watts/power). Reports it as OFF and no options
Sees CT30 as thermostat and can control thermostat - OK

Itouch ios 6.16 with mobilinc pro 3.22.03
Sees “home energy monitor” as a light switch (no voltage or watts/power). Reports it as OFF and no options
Does NOT see CT30 at all

Nexus tablet v2 android 4.4.2 mobilinc pro 1.2.4
Sees CT30 as a light DIMMER, and reports levels like 27% that seem to vary with temperature

I have rebooted; resynced and reset my mobilinc apps a few times. However, mobilinc is always confused by the zwave “home energy monitor” and on some versions sees/controls a zwave thermostat, sometimes never sees the zwave thermostat and sometimes thinks the zwave thermostat is a light dimmer.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
yeswork

Re: Some issues with zwave devices with my setup

Postby AdminWes » Mon May 19, 2014 6:28 am

Hi yeswork,

Here's what's happening with MobiLinc and ZWave:

The current version of MobiLinc for Android does not support ZWave. We have this working in our labs and will be in the next release.

MobiLinc for iOS does support Z-Wave, however, only in version 4.x. Your iOS 6 devices would need to upgrade (if possible) to iOS 7 to pull in the latest MobiLinc version 4.

MobiLinc 4.x for iOS does support ZWave however, we haven't seen this energy monitor yet. We actually have one of these on order to integrate into our ZWave testing and support in a future update.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc