ios Notification setting

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

ios Notification setting

Postby bbuzzone » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:35 am

I've been having issues with geofence direct connect notifications for a while now, but only on one of our two iPhone 6's (both on iOS 9.1; all settings identical).

I just ran through the troubleshooting steps you list and upon re-install of Mobilinc on the problem phone, it's not listed on the Notifications settings in IOS. It is available in the Main Setting's view, just not in the Notifications tab. This issue did not exist prior to removing.

I'm hesitant to remove and repeat incase there is something in the settings that may assist in troubleshooting.
bbuzzone

Re: ios Notification setting

Postby AdminWes » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi bbuzzone,

There is a known issue under the following set of conditions:

1. Using Direct IP to connect to your ISY.
2. Installed MobiLinc 4.7 clean.
3. Go to Settings->Location Settings and attempt to turn the boundary notification ON.

Results in the boundary notification appearing to be ON, but the boundary notification never fires. This is due to a combination of changes to iOS 9 and a side effect of direct IP connections. This is on our to-do list to identify a workaround and implement.

Please be aware that this does not impact sending geo-fence variable updates to your ISY. Just the boundary notification crossing for direct IP connections.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc