Syncing with ISY stalls at toggleswitch

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Syncing with ISY stalls at toggleswitch

Postby danomed » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi, I am having a lot of difficulty in getting MobiLinc to sync via HTTPS. It works when I am on WiFi and using HTTP but when it connects to the ISY 994i (and I have appropriate firmware and TLS enabled, it will connect and start syncing but then stalls on a 6 button Insteon Dimmer.
The same issue happens and it states it is trying to Sync and stops at
"Parsing Address: 34 D6 AF 1 Details"

It will stay on this and then eventually stop. I even lose my ELK module but I assume it is due to the fact the sync has failed.

Any ideas?
danomed

Re: Syncing with ISY stalls at toggleswitch

Postby danomed » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:38 pm

I think I am having the same problem as this post:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2391

There must be an issue with the MobiLinc not being able to properly ping and sync with 6 and 8 button Insteon switches! I just bought the bundled HD and Pro versions of this app and the ELK module and am SO disappointed with this.....any work-around?!

I tried deleting the initial 6 button Insteon Dimmer from the ISY and now MobiLinc just hangs on the next 8 button Dimmer!!!
danomed

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi danomed,

The post you are referring is about 3 years old and there are many versions of MobiLinc and the ISY since. I suspect that is just a red-herring.

What's happening when MobiLinc stops is it's waiting for the ISY to respond with the details of your multi-button switch. This tells MobiLinc how the switch is configured like if any of the buttons are to send always ON or OFF for example.

Also, just to clarify, the ELK module isn't lost. MobiLinc needs to see ELK status from the ISY to show the ELK interface in MobiLinc. With a failed sync like this, the ELK status hasn't reached MobiLinc yet.

So HTTP on your local LAN works to sync with your ISY? There isn't any difference in the sync code for HTTPS aside from the "Secure" part of communication. If you leave the connect method set to Auto and Auto-Sync only on Wi-Fi you shouldn't see this issue pop up as long as you don't manually sync when on HTTPS (you shouldn't have to resync ever in almost all cases).

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby danomed » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi,
Yes the sync stalls and it doesn't proceed at the first multibutton Insteon. Even if I delete this button the sync will just stall of the next multibutton Insteon.

mobilinc works fine with HTTP on the network WiFi. HTTPS will not work or update status on any device with cellular or WiFi. I know the ISY is working fine as I can access it using my Ip address using a web browser even on the same device/phone that mobilinc is installed on.

Any help is appreciated as I was switched from Android solely to have proximity sensing and apple watch support.
danomed

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc