Problem with HTTPS Connectivity (Internal WiFi & 3G)

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

Problem with HTTPS Connectivity (Internal WiFi & 3G)

Postby SteveSBE » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:40 am

I cannot connect from my v4.2.7 iPhone (Verizon) to my ISY99i over my WiFi (internal access) or 3G (external access) via HTTPS/port 443. It usually times out but I also sometimes get a message that there was an SSL error. I’ve tried everything including killing MobiLinc and restarting the iPhone. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Mobilinc on my iPhone. I have shut down my router and software firewalls and antivirus…still no luck.

When I use it via HTTP/port 80 over my WiFi (internal access), it works fine.

When I use it on my v4.3.2 iPod Touch via HTTPS/port 443 over my WiFi (internal access), it works fine.

I see others have had that problem.

What’s the fix?

Steve
SteveSBE

Re: Problem with HTTPS Connectivity (Internal WiFi & 3G)

Postby AdminWes » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi Steve,

Yes, I’ve seen this before. In all past cases it had to do with a bad certificate in the ISY. One thing to verify first is to connect to your ISY using a web browser using the https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx address to force the browser to connect using SSL. Does this work to get to command console this way?

If this fails, this is a good indicator that the cert the ISY is using is corrupted and the fix is to install a new certificate using the ISY java console over HTTP.
http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... rtificates

I’ve also seen on the UDI forms that it may be necessary to remove all certificates from the Java certificate chain in your PC.
From the UDI Forum:
Close all browser sessions
b. Open Java Control Panel (Java Preferences on MAC)
c. Click on the Security tab. Remove all Universal Devices certificates (on MAC, click on the '-' button at the bottom)
e. Clear your Java Cache ( http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache
)

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby SteveSBE » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:08 pm

I can get into ISY via HTTPS on both my browser and as I mentioned before, my iPod Touch.

Everything I've tried except my iPhone can get into ISP via HTTP.

Steve
SteveSBE

Postby AdminWes » Sun May 01, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Steve,

If the iPod Touch can get into your ISY then the iPhone should be able to as well. MobiLinc doesn't know the difference between the Touch and the iPhone - same code.

Here are some things to try:
- What iOS version is the Touch and iPhone? MobiLinc is confirmed to work on the latest iOS for all platforms.
- Compare side-by-side the Touch and iPhone settings for the SSL Port and SSL Https:// settings.
- Verify that your Touch and iPhone are on the same WiFi network.
- If on your local network, force the connect method to Secure (HTTPS) and tap sync to verify the connection over SSL.

If that still doesn't work on your iPhone, could you privately send me a screenshot of your settings page that shows your IP/Port info as well as your login information and I can attempt to log in from my test setup to see if I get any clues as to why there might be a problem?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc