Alexa doesn't recognize Kwikset lock

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

Alexa doesn't recognize Kwikset lock

Postby erodrigu » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:03 am

I added a Z-wave Kwikset door lock to my set-up. The lock shows on the MobiLinc app but not on the Alexa app. No problems with other Z-wave devices showing on the Alexa app. :?:
erodrigu

Re: Alexa doesn't recognize Kwikset lock

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:34 am

Hi erodrigu,

Add your spoken name to the door lock via the Admin Console: https://mobilinc.com/features/echo/

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby erodrigu » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:43 pm

I added name to door lock (Garage Door Lock) in Notes, hit save,then Save again in Programs. Waited 5 minutes, the activity lights had stopped blinking in less than a minute; then said "Alexa, discover devices". Alexa did not discover any new devices. Any suggestions?
erodrigu

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:07 am

Please send me a screenshot of your Admin Console->Help->About page to support@mobilinc.com and reference this post.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby erodrigu » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 am

erodrigu wrote:I added name to door lock (Garage Door Lock) in Notes, hit save,then Save again in Programs. Waited 5 minutes, the activity lights had stopped blinking in less than a minute; then said "Alexa, discover devices". Alexa did not discover any new devices. Any suggestions?

I repeated the process before going to bed, & this morning the lock shows on the Alexa app. When I click on the Garage Door Lock I get an error message: There is a problem with Garage Door. Please check on your lock. I sent you the screenshot you requested. BTW the version of the ISY (4.8) I have, can only lock the door.
erodrigu

Return to Feedback