cannot communicate with ISY-26

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

cannot communicate with ISY-26

Postby wardy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:29 pm

I have been using Mobilinc app for about five months successfully. Recently, on several occasions the app cannot do much with the ISY-26. The app starts up, announces a couple of device errors (a Smarthome keypad and Lamplinc - I answer OK to those messages) and the screen appears darkened. I can't get to any of the screens below the main screen. I can get into the "my settings" screen through the main Ipod screen "setting". All appears normal there. The IP address of the ISY is correct.
I have completely reset the Ipod.
I have turned Wi-fi off and then on.
I have turned off "device error" messages (in the seup/my settings screen).
I am able to communicate with the ISY using the web interface from my computer - all seems normal. I do receive messages about trouble communicating with the two devices mentioned above (Smarthome keypad and Lamplinc).
The only recovery seems to be powering off the ISY and the re-applying the power.
The equipment being used is an Ipod touch with latest IOS, Linksys 320N router, ISY-26 with version 2.7.15 firmware.
wardy

Re: cannot communicate with ISY-26

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:28 am

Hi wardy,

I had started to think it was the Device Errors and that you should keep that option in MobiLinc disabled, but it sounds like you are already doing that. So, to recap, in the MobiLinc settings you have Show Device Errors disabled currently? With that disabled, what is the behavior of MobiLinc and your ISY-26?

Also, what is your connect method, HTTP, HTTPS, or Auto? If Auto, what did MobiLinc Auto connect as?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby wardy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:19 am

With device errors notification disabled, the problem is still there - no communication with the ISY - the Mobilinc screen is somewhat darkened and no operations can be done..

I have the connect method on "auto". In the "settings" - "Mobilinc" screen, it does not report the type of connection.

Since I wrote the comment last night, I have powered the ISY off/on and reset the Ipod again (actually a couple of times). Communications has been restored. I can see that the connect method reported is "auto (http)" in the "Mobilinc" - "my settings" screen.

For now, I am back operating normally.
wardy

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:22 am

Hi wardy,

Very good. Glad you are back up and running. I suspect you ran into a known issue with MobiLinc that will be fixed in a Feb release to Apple. If the ISY sends multiple device errors back to back, MobiLinc can get into that darkened state you described. By disabling device errors and relaunching MobiLinc (Force close or reboot the iPhone) this will work around the issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:00 am

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:33 pm

jiuer7845

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments