Failed to Retrieve Status

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Failed to Retrieve Status

Postby dgwyn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:18 am

I use iLinc to control X10 devices only at this point. I keep getting a "Failed to Retreive Status" message most times when I use it to control a device. For example, I just turned on a lamp in a room and got the message when I turned it on. However, when I turned it off, I didn't get the message. I have the device setup as a SwitchLinc Dimmer, as the LampLinc control doesn't allow dimming, even though I'm actually using a Smarthome LampLinc module.
dgwyn

Re: Failed to Retrieve Status

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi dgwyn,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, I've been heads down with the 2.0 release of iLinc.

I think I see what the problem is. The SwitchLinc Dimmer is an Insteon module that is queryable from the PowerLinc/iLinc. If iLinc sees that you've got a Insteon module, iLinc will attempt to query for the status. Since you are only using X10 devices, edit your devices in iLinc and select either X10 Switch or X10 Dimmer from the bottom of the scroll wheel.

If iLinc sees you've selected an X10 device it won't query for the status (since most X10 devices are receive only) and you should be able to send out X10 commands to your devices.

Let me know if that description fixed the problem you were having.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dgwyn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:35 pm

I only have X10 Switch listed with no dimmer, so I lose that functionality. Should there be an X10 Dimmer option? That would solve my problem, as changing one of the modules to an X10 Switch removed the error I was getting. Now I'm trying to figure out why an X10-based scene I created called "Go To Bed" is turning odd lights on that I don't heven have defined in iLinc.
dgwyn

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:48 am

Hi dgwyn,

I may have jumped the gun on the X10 Dimmer option in my last post. Version 2.0 of iLinc will support X10 Dimmers. 2.0 has been released to Apple and am expecting approval any day now.

As for your extra lights turning on, what does the SDM printout say it is commanding to your X10 devices? Is there anything in the printout that would leave you to believe SDM is commanding your extra lights to turn on? These lights that are turning on, are they on the same house code as your other lights turning off?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dgwyn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Wes,

I love the new version and the interface improvements. The scenes are working fine now. However, the X10 dimmer doesn't dim. It only does an on and off. Is that expected?
dgwyn

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi dgwyn,

Thanks for the feedback.

The new version should issue the dim/bright command. What is the SDM printout say when you issue the dim or bright command?

I know that if the x10 dimmer is off and you issue a dim command, the x10 device will turn on. Is that what you are seeing on your end?

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dgwyn » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:44 pm

It does actually work, sorry. It takes about 10 presses before I see any reaction, but it will dim it after that with each press. Thanks.
dgwyn

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi dgwyn,

No problem. I belive that the X10 dimmers are set to 32 steps from full on to off. I've noticed that it takes a few dim commnds to actually see the dim effect take place. I wonder if that's what you are seeing in your setup.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dgwyn » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 pm

THat is porbably what I'm seeing. I did some testing tonight, as I'm trying to diagnose a problem I'm having with one of my scenes. It's turning on lights that it should be. Anyway, I'll keep working on that one, but in the mean time I tested a scene that turned on one X10 light, and I had the slider all the way to the left. In all cases it seems to turn it on at full brightness. Is that a function of the X10 dimmer?
dgwyn

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi dgwyn,

I looked at my X10 setup here with SDM and on the SDM printouts I'm seeing iLinc issue an OFF command to the dimmer if the slider is all the way in the off position. If the slider is all the way ON SDM shows a ON command to that module. The only thing quirky about the X10 dimmers is if you try to dim a dimmer that is off. The X10 dimmer responds with going full on.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments