Cannot add 2nd thermostat

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Cannot add 2nd thermostat

Postby stusviews » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Attempted to add a 2nd thermostat. MobiLinc HD accepted the device but the icon is that of a SwitchLinc. Control Device gives relay options only (ON, OFF, FAST ON, FAST OFF). The device type is listed as "Thermostat."
stusviews

Re: Cannot add 2nd thermostat

Postby AdminWes » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:13 am

Hi stusviews,

To add a Thermostat to MobiLinc HD go to My Devices and tap the "Add Device" button at the top right corner of the screen.

Enter in the Friendly Name of your thermostat such as "2nd Floor Therm".
Enter the INSTEON address of your thermostat.
Select "Thermostat" from the scroll wheel.

Now tap "Save". Your new thermostat should now appear under the My Thermostats icon.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby stusviews » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:46 pm

At My Devices, I selected Add Device, called it BR Thermostat, entered the Insteon ID, scrolled to and chose Thermostat, tapped on Save.

A new SwitchLinc icon appeared in the My Devices panel. Tapping on the gears (upper left of icon) shows the correct address and type (thermostat), but the only controls are those of a relay, ON, ... etc.

My Thermostats shows only the original Living Room thermostat.

Enjoy the weekend, I don't mind waiting for a solution.
stusviews

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 am

No problem responding. I'm curious as to what's happening. I just tried it here and everything works as expected. Just to confirm, are you using the latest MobiLinc version from the app store? Also are you running iOS 5.0.1?

One thing I thought of, there is an odd behavior in the Apple scroll wheel where it can sometimes not register to the code that a new selector was picked (as in Thermostat) which can cause odd behavior. Can you try this for me? Once you find the Thermostat option in the list, tap the option above Thermostat and then tap Thermostat to force the scroll wheel to pick Thermostat. Then tap save. Any different behavior?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:03 am

Another thing to try to eliminate a database issue is to first do a "Download All" sync with your SmartLinc and then add in your 2nd thermostat.

With the HouseLinc SW in the mix did you attempt to link the 2nd therm to your SmartLinc at all? Would there be any reason that the SmartLinc would have your 2nd therm linked to it at all?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby stusviews » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:53 pm

iOS 5.0.1. MobiLinc v1.06.00.

HL cannot be used to link the thermostat. I can change the thermostat adapter ID in SmartLinc, sync MobiLinc and the "new" thermostat appears in My Thermostats. Change the ID back, sync, and the "old" thermostat shows up.

Adding either to My Devices gives the same result: Type = Thermostat, controls are for a relay, only one thermostat ever appears in My Thermostats.

SmartLinc allows only one thermostat. I change thermostat's by entering a new ID each time.
stusviews

Postby AdminWes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:06 am

Please see my response to your other post about device links not showing up.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments