Save the database?

Post your new feature requests here!

Save the database?

Postby andyf0 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:46 am

I spend so much time changing icons, changing ON and OFF status and commands to something more meaningful that it kills me when I have to do a Download All. Can we get Database Save function that can be restored after doing a Download All? Since you can xmit it to another device would it be that hard to save it locally?
andyf0

Re: Save the database?

Postby AdminWes » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:42 pm

I've been thinking about how better to handle this. The Download All was intended to completely clear the DB of all changes to go back to a Factory reset for the current profile if you will.

Most of the time you shouldn't need to do this, unless you are trying to recover deleted devices. I think what we need to do is offer a way to restore deleted devices without going through a Download All option.

If you have the Auto-Sync option(s) turned on, each time you start MobiLinc you'll get the latest changes from your ISY. Nodes added/removed/renamed etc. Tapping the "Sync->Update Only" does the same thing as Auto-Sync on a start-up.

Is there another reason you've found you need to perform a Download All?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:03 am

It's a button, it's there. Someone's going to push it. :lol: Maybe a dire warning before you clear the DB.

Anyway I did it to try and recover my system. See post in Feedback.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Agreed. That's why I'm considering removing it in favor of a restore hidden devices option. Just so that it takes away the possibility to completely wide out all the custom settings.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD