Setting Variables

Post your new feature requests here!

Setting Variables

Postby andyf0 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 pm

This is a little picky but generally my Variable Value is usually the same as my Initial Value.

Would it be possible when changing variable values to put both on the same entry box rather than having to set the Value then go back and set the Initial Value. Doing both at the same time would cut back on the number of taps a lot. It just takes a little creative UI design which you have obviously already demonstrated.
andyf0

Re: Setting Variables

Postby AdminWes » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks Andy,

We were operating under the approach that folks would be setting one or the other and not both at the same time under normal operations.

Just curious what operations you have in your setup requiring you to set both values repeatedly?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 am

I have several variables used in programs:

One is a Home/Away flag which I want to be maintained through a power loss.
I have an Irrigation counter that counts days between Sprinkler use, this I change all the time depending on whether it rains or not.
I have a variable that specifies the number of days between which the sprinklers come on.

I also have alot of state variables which automatically update their Initial Value when their value changes but the variables above are used in If statements and I don't want those programs triggered when the variable changes hence the use of Integer variables.

Actually I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting the Initial value to be updated when the value changes to preserve state through a power loss. :)
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:18 am

Thanks Andy,

I'll add this to our list of feature requests.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby primodog » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Need help. In my list of State Variables my iPhone_Home variable is duplicated. I can't seem to get rid of them both. I tried deleting the "Home" location, but this only deletes one of the "Home" State variables.
Any idea's?
primodog

Postby AdminWes » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Log into the ISY's Admin Console and go to the Programs tab and then the State Variable Tab. Here you can manually delete created variables.

I recommend that you first use MobiLinc to remove all your locations first, then open the ISY's Admin Console and remove any variable remaining that you do not want. Close the Admin Console and then reopen MobiLinc to recreate your location variable.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby BoomerangThree » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:01 pm

All,

I'm having trouble updating or deleting a Mobilinc Location ISY State Variable.

1) I have deleted the location state variable in Mobilinc HD.

2) I have gone into the ISY Admin console and deleted the existing variable and exited the ISY Admin Console.

3) When I go back into Mobilnc HD and create a new location and update the state variable it's automically populated with an old variable name with "_New Geofence" added to the end of it.

4) How can I fix this so that I can change the name of the variable?

Thanks for any support.
Thanks for the support.
BoomerangThree

Postby BoomerangThree » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Disregard my previous about not being able to update location variable.

1) In Mobilinc HD I let the wrong variable name stay.

2) I went back into the ISY Admin console and the wrong variable name was there, imported from Mobilinc HD.

3) I changed the name in the ISY Admin console to what I wanted.

4) Went back into Mobilinc HD and turned off and back on the existing location ISY State Variable and it got updated to the proper name from the ISY Admin console.
Thanks for the support.
BoomerangThree

Postby AdminWes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:50 am

Thanks, BoomerangThree! Glad you were able to work through it.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:06 pm

jiuer7845

Next

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD