IP Cameras & Security

Post your new feature requests here!

Re: IP Cameras & Security

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 15, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Daves,

We will be supporting the ELK through the ISY. At first we will be focused on the security aspect of the ELK, keypads, zones, etc. Thermostat support through the ELK will not be initially supported. Do you know if the ISY module allows for thermostat control through the ELK?

The soon-to-be-released IP Camera plug-in does support a wide range of Axis products. As long as the Axis product supports MJPEG or JPEG streaming the plug-in will work, or we will work with you to get your Axis video server supported. The plug-in does support multiple cameras connected to the same IP like you would find with multi-cam video servers.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Daves » Tue May 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks for the info on the axis products. The 2400+ video server does provide MJPEG. I was worried about selecting individual ports to view.

As for the ISY an ELK and the HAI thermostat I can get status and some control via the admin console. I can control "mode" off, auto, heat, cool. I can turn the fan off and on and set hold. I do not see a way to do set points for cool or heat. If I click on the ELK Console I can do set points from there though.

Thanks for a very nice product. It is very cool. Previously I used a "Promixis" solution. MobilLinc and the ISY is just a very elegant solution.
Daves

Postby AdminWes » Wed May 16, 2012 7:32 am

Thanks Daves,

Yes, for the camera plug-in you'll be able to enter in a camera number for Axis.

Thanks for the info on your HAI and ELK. We well eventually be supporting thermostats through the ELK, but it may not be with the first ELK/ISY release.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Daves » Thu May 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Just an FYI - I discovered that I can change the setpoints for heat and cool through the admin console.
Daves

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Very good, thanks Daves.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Daves » Thu May 31, 2012 3:34 am

I have the IP plugin now and had a question. Is the plugin cloud based and will I be able to see my cameras remotely?
Daves

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 31, 2012 5:54 am

Hi Daves,

No, MobiLinc is directly talking to your cameras. Some camera manufactures like Panasonic offer their own "cloud" interface by way of a friendly DNS name Panasonic camera owners can register for and use in a web browser or MobiLinc anywhere with internet access.

Most camera manufactures do not offer any kind of automatic or cloud based remote access. As such MobiLinc must talk directly to the camera on the local network and through your router's port forwarded settings when away from your home.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Fredo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 am

Does MobiLinc HD support Foscam Fi9821W?
Fredo

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Fredo,

Yes! With this camera, please make sure to do the following:

- Verify you are running the very latest firmware for your camera.
- Use the RTSP port for this camera. I believe FOSCAM made the RTSP port 88 as the default, but check the documentation.

You should get a JPEG image and an RTSP feed for your camera along with Pan/Tilt controls. MJPEG isn't supported. If you have the older V1 version of the 9821 keep in mind that RTSP wasn't supported in this camera until the current V2 model.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby FMD » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:28 am

Hello - I have Mobilinc HD and the IP Camera plug in. I installed an Insteon 75790 camera (I have installed & can see with their app) and cannot get it to be seen by Mobilinc HD. I don't see this camera in the list when I try to set it up. Am I missing something? Is there any help for this install?

Thank you
FMD

PreviousNext

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD