Error received = timed out

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Error received = timed out

Postby erg » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:23 am

I have reviewed al the various issues and solutions on this forum and still cannot connect ilinc to PLM. Current issue is Failed to Connect Error Received = timed out. I receive the same issue whether I am on the internal LAN or connecting via 3G.
I can connect to the PLM from SDM and receive isresponding=true
I have:
- turned off (blanked) username and password
- turned off all firewalls (router and windows)
- port forwarded 9020 and have the same IP address in iphone and router
- have tried a Dlink DDNS

What should I try next?
Thanks!
erg

Re: Error received = timed out

Postby AdminWes » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

Hi erg,

When you receive the isresponding=true, how do you go about getting that response? You've probably already followed this forum posting: http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com/utilities/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6

Does the browser isResponding return true?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi erg,

Another thing to try is to remove the SDM software from your PC and reinstall using the download package linked from the main page of this forum. I was going back through some email history with someone who had a similar issue and the only way it was fixed was to uninstall/reinstall SDM on his PC.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby erg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

I uninstalled and reinstalled SDM using the link to SDM from your site (I used this link originally).
The 'isresponding = true" I recevied was from SDM. I cannot get it to respond with explorer. It always says cannot display web page (Iexplorer 8 as of now under Windows 7; I started testing this under XP and iexplorer 7).

Based on your question, I am assuming I should/must be able to receive the true response from the browser in order for this to work. Suggestions on addressing this given I can run DM and receive the true response?
Thanks!!
erg

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi erg,

I'm assuming at this point you've verified that you are using the correct IP address and port number (9020) to get the isResponding=True/False response. Just confirm that IP address and port you are using is the IP address and port of the computer hosting the SDM software.

What OS is the computer using that is hosting the SDM software?

The next thing to try is to reload the SALAD Core app on the PLC. Here is a link to another site that details how to reload a corrupted SALAD CORE app: http://www.embeddedautomation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906&highlight=salad

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments