Fabulous Module!

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

Fabulous Module!

Postby jdsmooth » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Wes - I had to register just to commend your efforts on this module for the ISY. I just had to upgrade my router, and I decided to purchase the latest Asus model rather than yet another Linksys. Unfortunately, no matter how many settings I played with, I could never get Mobilinc to connect to my ISY via 3G with the new router. I checked port forwarding, my DDNS server and everything else. I was about to just give up and figure that I would waste 30 minutes of your time tomorrow trying to figure it out. Then I stumbled across this module. 5 minutes later I was up and running with no issues. I have no idea how it works, but it just does. Awesome job.
jdsmooth

Re: Fabulous Module!

Postby AdminWes » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks!

We love to hear that the new MobiLinc Connect service is working for folks. Thanks for the kind words!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby NewTech » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 am

Wes,

I ditto EVERYTHING "jdsmooth" stated. We just upgraded our really slow DSL ISP to a super fast broadband. The first thing I did was try to get my MobiLinc to work with our new router which failed. I was also about to give up but within 5 minutes of installing the module in the ISY I was able to connect via 4G on my iPhone.

One question: How much will the fee be after the one year free trial?

Keep up the fantastic work. You've just made me fall in love with my ISY and MobiLinc all over again!!! :D

Mike
NewTech

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks Mike! Really glad to hear that it's working great for you.

We haven't announced the fee yet. We're still watching our server performance and tweaking our backend to keep costs down. Within the next couple of months we'll be announcing a new feature for MobiLinc/ISY/Connect users available to paid subscription users only. At that point we'll make a final decision on the fee (we expect the fee to be inline and competitive with other similar access service fees in the home automation industry) and open up a method for users to pay for the service to gain access to the new feature.

Stay tuned, we've got more in the pipeline!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:58 am

Wes, if I buy the mobilinc connect service for use on Android devices, does it allow me to use the installed Mobilinc PRO on multiple devices like my wife's phone, my tablet, my phone, my sons tablet, the kindle etc? And if someone in the house buys a iPhone and I buy the app for that, I'm good too?

Thinking I want to go this route with the annual fee vs. opening up the port forwarding. Always been amazed at how many people want into my linux server via SSH all day, every day.
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:48 am

I know! We really wanted to create a much more secure way to access your home so that your DON'T have to open any ports to your ISY and thus your home.

Yes! If you use MobiLinc Connect, you create a username/password with us. Then on all your MobiLinc apps, use that same log-in/UUID combo to access your ISY though the MobiLinc Connect service.

The fee is per ISY, not per app. So, when the free account expires (30 days) and you opt to pay for the service, you'll pay only for each ISY connected to our servers.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Great!

Now for an enhancement before I even try it.. I would like profiles of what my users can access on the ISY, so like subaccounts. For my wife and I, we have access nearly everything, I don't think I would give her access over my shop in case I was working out there. However, I don't want the kids to have access to the bathroom. Wives would find no light in the bathroom not a funny game!
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

You should try it first :)

This feature is already in MobiLinc. When setting up the individual iOS devices, delete or restrict the devices/scenes/programs tailored to each users. Then, under the MobiLinc Settings turn on password protection to change settings. That way someone would have to know your account password in order to resync or change any of the settings after you restricted the user.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Great, does it work the same way in Android? We are all droid heads here.
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 am

What I would do for Android is use the Guest feature. Tag only the devices/scenes/programs you want each device to have access to as a favorite and then turn Guest mode on. That way they only have access to the My Favorites area of the app. If they try to go anywhere else they need the password.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback