Viewing multiple channels on ACTI KCM-7911

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Viewing multiple channels on ACTI KCM-7911

Postby dwengrovitz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:50 pm

I have an ACTi IP camera that can stream up to six different channels (each configured with a different view). Is there way to configure the MobiLinc IP Camera add-on to view different channels? If so, can someone provide guidance on how to set this up?
dwengrovitz

Re: Viewing multiple channels on ACTI KCM-7911

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 am

Hi dwengrovitz,

Is your ACTi a DVR with multiple cameras connected to it? I'm not sure I follow your question. The ACTi cameras we are aware of is a single camera capable of streaming over RTSP. Is there other software you are using to combine cameras into a single view?

If you have multiple ACTi IP cameras you can add each camera to the MobiLinc IP Camera plug-in using the camera's IP address and RTSP port. Then under "My Cameras" you can view multiple streams at the same time.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dwengrovitz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi Wes.

The KCM-7911 is an outdoor fisheye camera. The camera de-warps the video view internally and can stream up to six different channels concurrently, each with different views from the same camera, essentially appearing as 6 different cameras to an NVR, web browser, or application.

I'm a bit new with all this, but as far as I can tell camera has a single IP address and uses port 7070 for RTSP. From an application perspective, the URL of the camera can include commands that tell the viewing application what channel to view. For example:

http://192.168.1.10:80/cgi-bin/cmd/enco ... _FPS_NUM=1

would set the channel being viewed to 2 and the frame rate to 1. I'm not as concerned with being able to change the frame rate but it would be nice to be able to view all six channels. I've currently only been able to view one.

I haven't been able to find much documentation on how the IP camera add-on really works and whether or not one can enter commands in such a way that would allow them to be appended to the IP address for transmission directly to the camera (e.g., adding the portion of the URL that changes the channel and FPS). Attached is an example of the URL commands that ACTi provides if that's any assistance.

http://www.acti.com/getfile/KnowledgeBa ... 27_002.pdf
dwengrovitz

Postby AdminWes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:08 am

Hi dwengrovitz,

This is perfect, thanks!

I was doing more reading on this camera and it looks like RTSP streaming and channels is done through selecting the embedded substreams in the RTSP protocol. I can do that, but it'll require a code update to make it happen. For what you and this document were describing, that would work if the camera is setup to do MJPEG. Did you follow the steps in the doc to set the camera into MJPEG mode or is it left as RTSP? RTSP will be a better option since it'll support audio.

I'm right at the end of the next release and this week is a perfect time to get changes in. If you can, can you send me your camera's connection information so that I can program in support for this camera/RTSP/multi-stream? If you can, please send to: support@mobilinc.com and I'll do what I can to get this supported. I'll need the external IP, port, RTSP port, username, and password.

Thanks!
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments