Tasker integration questions

Share how you want to integrate with Tasker!

Tasker integration questions

Postby msoileau » Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Is it possible to use the Tasker plugin to get the status of a device, program or scene? I see that I can control devices, but not get status.

Also, is there some way to set the actual value of a dimmer? All I see is brighten/dim
msoileau

Re: Tasker integration questions

Postby AdminWes » Wed May 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi msoileau,

Currently you cannot request status or set a specific value. Status requests won't work as-is because we'd have to maintain a 24/7 connection to your ISY which will kill your battery life. We're working on a workaround using GCM for Android for a future release.

Variable passthrough is also a possible future enhancement we are considering.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby msoileau » Thu May 30, 2013 6:49 pm

While I understand you don't want to constantly monitor devices in order to trigger a profile, it would be nice to do on demand queries for status of a single device. I would like to use the auto voice plugin to be able to ask for status of a device, have that status returned and have it spoken back. I currently have this implemented using curl, but it would be much nicer to use MobiLinc. Actions seem to occur quicker through the MobiLinc plugin than executing a shell script to call curl. Thanks for adding the plugin, so far it has functioned flawlessly.
msoileau

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks msoileau,

Instead of asking for status, we're planning out a much better solution using GCM. We'd rather focus in on the "right" solution then hack something together that's only a single point solution.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby kal357 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am

hi all I am new at this but ia am not a dummy... sometimes.. for some reason I can NOT get any mobilinc task to work in tasker task is setup but even if I hit test ( the play button ) it dont work will someone tell me what I am doing wrong please razr maxx hd but also tried on a evo
kal357

Postby Jimbo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:41 am

This a great news. Can't wait for variable support and GCM integration!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Jimbo

Return to Tasker Integration