MobiLinc HomeSeer Plug-in validation error

Post your HomeSeer plug-in comments and feedback here.

Re: MobiLinc HomeSeer Plug-in validation error

Postby Rimlay » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Wes,

Here's the error

1/19/2012 5:49:53 AM
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host 239.255.255.250:1900
HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.23
Source: System
Target: Void Connect(System.String, Int32)
Stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
at WebServerNamespace.UDP_ServerInternal.UDP_BroadcastData()
at WebServerNamespace.UDP_Server.UDP_ServerController()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

When this error occurs it prevents me from accessing Homeseer and Geovision GV Viewer (home camera's) webservers remotley via the web or iPhone. I can access my home server via the HS Mobilinc app with no problems at all times

Thanks for any help

Rob
Rimlay

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:14 am

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure what to make of that error. I can't see anything in that stacktrack that says the HomeSeer MobiLinc plug-in is the one that's actually crashing. What's interesting is that if you can continue to use HS MobiLinc to connect and control your HomeSeer setup, that's very strong indicator that the the MobiLinc plug-in is operating perfectly.

What happens to your setup if you uninstall the MobiLinc plug-in? Does everything work? If you re-install the MobiLinc plug-in then the error comes back? Can you think of anything else to try to narrow in on the root cause of the error?

It sounded like your setup was working fine for a while. Can you think of anything that's changed here recently that may be the cause?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Rimlay » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Wes,

I can't think of any major changes I only use this XP imachine for Home Security. When I first noticed the error I called Homeseer and they told me to upgrade to their latest version. After that, they just blamed you. I'll remove the plug-in and try to re-create the error. I'll report my findings.

Thank you

Rob
Rimlay

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Rob,

Well, that was nice of them :)

Please do let me know what you find.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby nala » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm having the same issue with my hspro... data returned from device is not from the mobilinc home seer plug-in. aborting connection.. i have changed the port to 4113 as i seen in some other posts but got the same message as when the port was 80? any help i paid the 99.00 for unlimited plug-in . also i can't access the config screen from the interfaces set up on my home seer software... it is the latest version i just bought it about a month ago
nala

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Nala,

The error message about "not from the MobiLinc HomeSeer plugin" tells me that the IP:port information in MobiLinc on your iOS device doesn't match your homeseer PC's IP:4113 or IP:4114.

What's happening is MobiLinc on iOS is contacting that IP Address, however, the data coming back to MobiLinc doesn't look anything like what's expected from the HomeSeer MobiLinc plug-in.

Start by validating that the IP address and port numbers are all correct.

Also, did you install at least the trial of the basic plug-in? Or JUST the unlimited plug-in? If all you installed was the unlimited plug-in then that's the problem. The unlimited plug-in only tells the base MobiLinc plug-in to work in unlimited mode. Please install the base MobiLinc plug-in as well.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to HomeSeer Plug-in Feedback and Comments