Connection Timeout

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Connection Timeout

Postby smokegrub » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:49 pm

I am receiving the following message when I access my Insteon camera: Connection Timeout. Error communicating with the SmartLinc. Please verify your connection in My Settings. Despite this message the video and audio continue streaming with the message in from of the video. I have rebooted the iPhone and MobiLinc and the problem remains.. The IP Camera Tool on my Mac does not have this problem. Any suggestions?
smokegrub

Re: Connection Timeout

Postby AdminWes » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi smokegrub,

That error indicates that MobiLinc can't reach your SmartLinc any more. The cameras are separate and sound like they are working just fine. When you are looking at the camera feed, MobiLinc is still trying to poll or connect to your SmartLinc in the background.

Check your SmartLinc and see if it's responding to web requests from a PC. You might need to reboot it and verify that the SmartLinc's actual IP address is the same in MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby smokegrub » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:59 am

I worked with Smarthome today to get the SmartLinc problem corrected. It and the Insteon Camera are both working using their software. I then erased the MobiLinc Pro app and downloaded a new one. It picked up the Smartlinc right away. However, it cannot find the camera. How do I get it to "see" the camera?
smokegrub

Postby smokegrub » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Filed to add, when I synced MobiLinc it only synced with the SmartLinc at my current location and not the one at my primary residence. Will I have wait until I return there before MobiLinc will synch properly. Help!!!!
smokegrub

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:19 am

Smokegrub,

To add your second SmartLinc, go to My Settings->Selected Profile and tap the "+" button to add in a second profile.

Go to My Settings->Lighting Controller and enter in only the external information and select "External" for the Host Type. This should force MobiLinc to sync directly to your remote SmartLinc while you are at another site that has a local SmartLinc installed.

You also may need to switch your Wi-Fi off and go cellular only to eliminate any interference from the local SmartLinc device during your setup.

For your camera: since you deleted the app and reinstalled it, go to My Plug-Ins and tap the restore button to restore your paid plugins. Then go to My Settings->IP Camera Settings to add your cameras.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby smokegrub » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 am

Thanks.
smokegrub

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments