Two-Way Audio

Post any new feature requests you'd like to see with our IP Camera support.

Two-Way Audio

Postby smokegrub » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:15 am

Audio from the camera is reasonable. There is a clicking sound at consistent intervals of approximately one second that are very annoying. Also, the addition of audio to the camera would be a tremendous asset. Being able to speak to a visitor and especially an intruder would offer enormous benefits.
smokegrub

Re: Two-Way Audio

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:28 am

Hi Smokegrub,

What camera are you using? Do you hear that audio click in the camera's native web interface?

Two-way audio we are interested in adding, however, each model has a different implementation of how it will accept audio from an external client. It's a very labor intensive problem to solve and so far we've held off on this until we can determine what models folks are most interested in for this feature and focus our efforts on those camera versions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby smokegrub » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:22 pm

It is a Smarthome Camera. As to your second question, I cannot answer. If you would like to tell me how to obtain the answer I will be glad to do so.
smokegrub

Postby smokegrub » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:24 pm

If you mean the IP Camera Tool the answer is yes.
smokegrub

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks.

Yes, if you are hearing the audio pop in the native interface, then it appears like there's maybe a manufacturing defect in the camera. I'd contact Smarthome and ask them about it to see what they say.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Feature Requests