Elk Plugin UI

Post your new feature requests here!

Elk Plugin UI

Postby rayzor » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Any chance at having an updated look in the Elk Plugin? Just would like to see standard IOS checkboxes or static on/off toggle switches for each zone. And then to arm/disarm have a button (or set of buttons). When you press those, would just like to see the standard UI come up for entering numbers?

Barring that - is there a way to just have a button on my dashboard to arm/disarm the Elk and show the current status?

Thanks
Ray
rayzor

Re: Elk Plugin UI

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:23 am

Hi Ray,

We don't have active plans to change the ELK plug-in UI. We spent a fair amount of time on crafting a custom UI for our ELK folks and so far has been well received.

As for the Dashboard, yes, we have plans to add ELK functionality here.

As a Dashboard workaround, you could add a program as a Dashboard item that arms/disarms your ELK. Or if you have a spare KPL button, drop that into a new scene as a controller and then add the scene to the Dashboard. Then in an ISY program trigger arming/disarming based on the KPL status.

It's not a clean solution, but would work.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rayzor » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks Wes,

I am sorry to hear that - I apologize in advance for knocking what I am sure was a great effort, but the WAF of the Elk Plugin UI is very low - it looks (in her words) like an application that was written in the 80s. Hopefully you will reconsider updating the look and feel of this in the future.

My only concern with the dashboard item is having the ability to prompt for the passcode - I can't find a way of making that happen. When you say that you have plans to have dashboard support, will that include the ability to ask for the passcode?

Thanks
rayzor

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi rayzor,

I laughed at the 80s comment. Do you remember what software looked like in the 80s? I sure hope we're far from that point in time. But, comment taken.

Yes, when we add ELK controls to the Dashboard, they will be PIN protected like it is now.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rayzor » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:22 pm

AdminWes wrote:Hi rayzor,

I laughed at the 80s comment. Do you remember what software looked like in the 80s? I sure hope we're far from that point in time. But, comment taken.

Yes, when we add ELK controls to the Dashboard, they will be PIN protected like it is now.

Wes

Oh, you and I know better - I remember playing around with LOGO.

But I was actually surprised how good things looked in 1985 : https://imgur.com/a/Jb6jW

:)
rayzor

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:37 am

That is actually surprising. Love that 80's terminal green color.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc HD