Homekit request

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Homekit request

Postby AlanF » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi Wes,

I've been using your Mobilinc HD product since it came out, and I love it. I bought the voice control add-in, but have had some issues on my iPad Air2 with a loud pop from the speaker almost every time I use the microphone for voice dictation.

I'm really excited about Homekit, and hope that you'll add functionality for that to Mobilinc HD soon. It would be wonderful to use Siri from my iPhone and iPad to control my home automation equipment without needing to open the Mobilinc app each time.

Thanks,
Alan
AlanF

Re: Homekit request

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:02 am

Hi Alan,

We've submitted MobiLinc Home to Apple for approval. This is our HomeKit app. We may add HomeKit support to MobiLinc Pro/HD, but we're waiting to see what Apple does with our independent HomeKit app here first.

Keep in mind that in order to use HomeKit apps, you'll need HomeKit compatible hardware in your home. In most cases, that means replacing most of your existing equipment with HomeKit compatible equipment.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AlanF » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi Wes,

I use the ISY994i as the central controller for all of my home automation gear. Do you know if it is Homekit compliant? If not, could a future firmware upgrade for the ISY make it compliant? They seem to be really good about putting out firmware upgrades fairly regularly.

So that I understand completely, are you saying that not only the front end (your app) on the iOS device, but also the backend (ISY) need to both be Homekit compliant? Sorry, I don't know that much about Homekit yet, but I know I'd like to use Siri to control my home. :-)

Thanks,
Alan
AlanF

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:56 am

Hi Alan,

The ISY is not HomeKit compliant. The question about if it will be would be better answered by the Universal Devices folks.

Yes, the app and hardware need to all be HomeKit compliant in order to work with Siri.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby anthonygill13 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 am

So is the mobilinc Home app just an app that links all other homekit devices? Can Mobilinc Home control the ISY? What im trying to understand is, can i just link mobilinc home to my mobilinc connect account and be on my way with controlling the ISY and then being able to control Homekit products, or will i need to get a new Hub similiar to Insteon Hub Pro?
This is a major undertaking if your main controller is to be replaced and reprogrammed.
Thanks in advance

Tony
anthonygill13

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:19 am

Hi Tony,

Think of MobiLinc Home as a separate app just for HomeKit devices. Since the ISY isn't HomeKit compliant, MobiLinc Home cannot interact with the ISY.

Also, keep in mind that HomeKit capability is quite basic. If you are already an ISY user, I strongly suspect you will be disappointed with HomeKit capability compared to what you are used to having with the ISY and MobiLinc HD or MobiLinc Pro.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions