Insteon HD Camera

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Re: Insteon HD Camera

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:20 am

Hi Stephan,

This is a good sign. Would you mind sharing access to your camera's RTSP stream with me to verify MobiLinc's settings? I'd like to connect to it from the lab to:
1. Confirm that the firmware issue is fixed
2. Update the MobiLinc RTSP path for this camera if they've changed the RTSP path.

Please send the RTSP path/ip/username/password/port to support@mobilinc.com and I'll take a look.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby shesmer » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:26 am

Hey Wes, I will later when I am back home. Another problem I noticed is that even for pictures I have issues when using SSL. When using straight http port I usually get a new picture every 2 seconds, with SSL it times out most of the time and I only get a picture once in a while.
shesmer

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks.

Please turn HTTPS off in MobiLinc for this camera as it's untested and if it does work, would only apply to JPEG. RTSP does not use HTTPS.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Duple » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:11 am

Hello, I am new to the forum, but have been a Mobilinc user for about 5 years. Up to this point I have used the system for lighting only. I recently bought the following Insteon HD camera http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2864-222-wireless-hd-720p-ip-camera-with-pan-tilt-and-night-vision-white.html and was hoping to add this to monitor my garage through the Mobilinc Pro app. The camera's firmware is up to date using the most recent firmware on the Insteon site - System Firmware 1.4.1.9 and Application Firmware 2.11.1.12

After playing around with if for a day, I have not had success in accessing the RTSP stream in the mobilic app camera plug in. I found this thread and was hoping there is a solution to the issue as I would rather not return the camera if possible...it works fine with JPEG only on the Mobilinc Pro app and it works fully in the Insteon IP cam client and in a VLC app on my iPhone (the VLC app connects fine using the following path, (rtsp://username:password@192.168.1.xx:34100/videoMain).

In the Mobilinc camera plug in I tried both the Smarthome/Insteon and Foscam/Foscam variant camera types with the following specs and outcomes.

Smarthome/Insteon
(1) Entered the correct LAN IP Address
(2) Confirmed the Local and RTSP port are entered the same (34100)
(3) HTTPS off
(4) JPEG image success on profile 2
(5) MPEG Disabled
(6) RTSP seems to spin and not connect on either profile 1 or 2
(7) Pan/Tilt works fine on profile 2
(8) Won't connect with RTSP and only connects in the final step if I disable RTSP. With RTSP disabled I get a JPEG image and can move pan/tilt camera.

Foscam/Foscam Variant

(1) Entered the correct LAN IP Address
(2) Confirmed the Local and RTSP port are entered the same (34100)
(3) HTTPS off
(4) JPEG image success on profile 4 or 5
(5) MPEG Disabled
(6) RTSP get "cannot connect' on profiles 1-4; seems to spin on profiles 5 and 6
(7) Pan/Tilt works on profile 5
(8) Won't connect with RTSP and only connects in the final step if I disable RTSP. With RTSP disabled I get a JPEG image and can move pan/tilt camera.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe.
Duple

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:26 am

Hi Joe,

Thanks for all the details.

How long does the VLC app take to connect? The reason I ask is that the latest firmware I've seen (a few months ago) took a long time to connect (+10 seconds). This is abnormal and when I looked into it at the time the RTSP stream was broken to the point that MobiLinc couldn't sync.

The INSTEON app (I suspect) uses the FOSCAM speciality driver that doesn't use RTSP. Instead it's a FOSCAM specific stream.

Your notes on the SmartHome Camera Type are all correct. RTSP Profile 1 matches the /videoMain path.

If the VLC app connects in 1-2 seconds, would you please send me your connection information to: support@mobilinc.com? I'd like to connect again to the latest firmware to investigate.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Duple » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks Wes, the VLC app is an open source app I got from the apple app store simply called VLC for Mobile version 2.7.2. Using this app is takes approximately 4-5 seconds to connect. I will send a note to the support now. Joe.
Duple

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:05 pm

4-5 seconds should be fine. MobiLinc will timeout after 10 seconds on Wi-Fi.

If you have external access setup for your camera and you'd like me to check it out, please send me your external IP, port, and the camera's username/password so I can investigate from the lab.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Bumbershoot » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:31 am

For what it's worth, I have exactly the same experience as described by Duple with a Smarthome/Insteon IP camera (Insteon 2864-222).

Thanks.
Bumbershoot

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:22 am

Thanks. We're waiting for a sample camera from Smarthome to further investigate what's happening.

I'll post back here once we've had a chance to dig into this to see if there's anything we can do in MobiLinc to help this.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rst » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:57 pm

I am having similar problems to Bumbershoot and Duple with Smarthome 2864-222 camera.
rst

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback and Comments