Cam reorder and presets

Post any feedback and comments you have on our IP Camera support.

Cam reorder and presets

Postby Traveler2100 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:48 am

I am happy with Mobilinc and find it very useful. Two things I haven't figured out.

- How do I reorder the cameras. I keep adding and would like 4 key cameras on the first screen

- I have PTZ cameras including an Axis that has a very fast pan speed which makes it hard to control with the PTZ controller. I have a number of presets that show up fine in other programs but none of my PTZ presets show up in Mobilinc. What am I missing?

Thanks.
Traveler2100

Re: Cam reorder and presets

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 am

Hello,

To reorder, press and hold the IP Camera image on the multi-cam page to drag to reorder.

For PTZ, we do not have presets for Axis cameras in MobiLinc. Do you know what the preset web address is for each preset position? If you can provide the path for each preset position we can add this into MobiLinc for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Traveler2100 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Wes. The reorder works on my phone but not on my iPad. I'm unable to determine the URL for the Axis presets. I have a Foscam and it doesn't display the presets either biput I have a bullet that seems to have resets but of course can't move. I know there is a way to get the presets form the camera it's self and I was hoping your drivers get them. Thanks.

Traveler
Traveler2100

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:48 am

Hi Traveler,

The order on the iPad is A-Z sorted and cannot be changed.

For FOSCAM presets, use Pan/Tilt profiles 1, 2, 3, or 5 for the FOSCAM camera type.

For your other camera that can't move, please disable Pan/Tilt when you walk through the camera setup in MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Traveler2100 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Thanks Wes. I am still unable to get the Foscam presets. I use profile 5 since it is the only one that works with the optical zoom. More concerning, I installed two Trendnet TV-IP311-PI fixed cameras and I cannot connect JPEG or MJPEG. RTSP works fine but I cannot see the image during thumbnail view. I have tried several combinations of port and other on camera settings with no luck. Other iPad apps display the thumbnail images fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Traveler
Traveler2100

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:44 am

Hi Traveler,

At this point I'll need to connect to both cameras to investigate adding support for presets and the JPEG support option for your Trendnet.

Please send me your external IP, the external port numbers for the cameras, and the username/password for both and I'll be happy to connect from the lab to add support for you. Please send to: support@mobilinc.com and reference this thread.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby blue5.0 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:31 pm

Was there any resolution to this? I'm having the exact same trendnet problem - I have 3 of them and only one will show a preview? Any ideas?
blue5.0

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi blue5.0,

When setting up your camera's are you able to see a live image for JPEG, MJPEG, and RTSP? If, for example, the camera doesn't support MJPEG, please select "Do Not Use" for MJPEG. Or, if you can't get a live image for JPEG, select "Do Not Use".

On the multi-cam page layout in MobiLinc, MobiLinc will use JPEG or MJPEG if a profile is set and only use RTSP if on the single camera page, or if both JPEG/MJPEG are both set to "Do Not Use" forcing the use of RTSP in all streaming connections.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Comments