My Mobilinc Wish List

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Re: My Mobilinc Wish List

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi Michael,

As far as I'm aware, websockets and the older subscription method result in the exact same data flow. SOAP just isn't involved here for status. It's only used to background sync changes to the device/scene/program list.

What you might be referring to is SOAP vs. REST. We've opted to continue to use the SOAP interface (like the Admin Console) to continue to support the older firmware devices out there.

For speed and status, as soon as we get the first bits of status from the subscription channel we update status as it rolls in. Websockets vs. subscription isn't any faster than what we already have in place as both are socket based.

The bottom line is we won't move to websockets until we see the vast majority of users using firmware that supports websockets and only if there is a performance reason to do so (which currently I don't see).

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby silversop » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Since all of the other android boards have not been written to in this forum in forever.. I guess I will start here.. Seems there is a LOT of movement on the IOS front... Yet... not on Android or even Windows for that matter. I am paying for an app that does not seem like it's getting much attention.

Is there a roadmap or something available? Can we get some sort of idea why we keep paying for this service ?

Thanks

S
silversop

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:32 am

Hi silversop,

The most recent update to MobiLinc was just a few months ago and it was to our Android version to add in variable support which makes MobiLinc/Android nearly feature compatible with the base iOS version.

The difference is MobiLinc/iOS offers additional plug-ins like IP Camera support and ELK security that aren't offered on Android yet.

MobiLinc is a one-time charge for the app. Any recurring payments for MobiLinc Connect go toward helping us cover our server expenses to make connecting to your ISY dead easy. It's not required, but most folks opt to use it since it just works.

I do have great news on additional features for MobiLinc Connect users (Android and iOS). We have submitted our Amazon Echo skill to Amazon for certification and we are working with Amazon's certification team to get it approved. Once approved we'll have a big announcement for Echo support as well as IFTTT Maker support.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby silversop » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:57 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi silversop,

The most recent update to MobiLinc was just a few months ago and it was to our Android version to add in variable support which makes MobiLinc/Android nearly feature compatible with the base iOS version.

The difference is MobiLinc/iOS offers additional plug-ins like IP Camera support and ELK security that aren't offered on Android yet.

MobiLinc is a one-time charge for the app. Any recurring payments for MobiLinc Connect go toward helping us cover our server expenses to make connecting to your ISY dead easy. It's not required, but most folks opt to use it since it just works.

I do have great news on additional features for MobiLinc Connect users (Android and iOS). We have submitted our Amazon Echo skill to Amazon for certification and we are working with Amazon's certification team to get it approved. Once approved we'll have a big announcement for Echo support as well as IFTTT Maker support.

Wes

Thanks Wes for getting back... Can you speak to Windows App support? Any future plans there?

S
silversop

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi silversop,

We've been focused on the mobile space and while Windows support is on our radar, I don't have any announcements to make about Windows today.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby silversop » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:45 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi silversop,

We've been focused on the mobile space and while Windows support is on our radar, I don't have any announcements to make about Windows today.

Wes

I appreciate that however, keeping in mind there are still windows phone users :) I know what you will say "They only have 4% of market share in mobile space"... correct however, build a windows phone app and it's the same app that is used on all windows 10 devices... Access to Billions of devices rather than just millions...

Just something to keep in mind... sitting here on my windows laptop or with my windows phone, it would be great to see my devices and check their status. :)
silversop

Postby jiuer7845 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:37 pm

Jordans
Yeezy
Jordan Shoes
Adidas UK
Air Jordan 4
Air Jordan 1
Jordan 1
Air Jordans
Nike Air Jordans