Amcrest IP2M-841 Support

Post any new feature requests you'd like to see with our IP Camera support.

Amcrest IP2M-841 Support

Postby kiji » Mon May 02, 2016 8:11 pm

I've been trying to get the Amcrest camera working on Mobilink on my iPhone without success for the last hour! It's H.264, H.264B, H.264H, and MJPEG output compatible. I tried to setup using Custom IP Camera URL and Foscam with all the different profiles but couldn't get the camera to work.

I fixed the IP address on the camera and able to log in using web browser on my desktop and the iPhone so I know I have the IP and ports configured correctly. Anyone have any luck with getting Amcrest camera working on Mobilinc?

Thanks!
Kiji
kiji

Re: Amcrest IP2M-841 Support

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 03, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Kiji,

Did you download the latest driver DB for MobiLinc? Go to your camera's settings->Camera Type and tap the "Refresh" button to download the latest.

In the list will appear "Amcrest". That will hopefully work for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bojangs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Hey Wes,

I'm having a problem with functionality on the IP2M-841 but not exactly the same as Kiji (I did need to DL the new DB as you suggested and once I did Amcrest was in the list). I can setup the device through Mobilinc but the support is very limited.

-JPEG profile works but I'd like real-time video opposed to snapshots.
-MJPEG profile loads but I just get a black screen on both the camera landing page and the details screen.
-RTSP profile loads very slowly but eventually works and I get audio & video, but that's it, I have no pan/tilt/zoom controls like I do with my Foscams. Is this expected?

I have external access setup if you'd like to login and take a look, PM or email me and I can give you the creds.

Thanks!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[update] I've continued to play with this but I'm still running into some issues.

-MJPEG profile, I finally got the video to work but it still has no audio and no PTZ. I notice MJPEG uses the camera's Main Stream and actually forces a configuration change in the camera from H.264H to MJPEG, which is weird considering this is a test account that doesn't have permission to make configuration changes. If I change it back to H.264H in the camera then it stops working in Mobillinc and I have to go back through the config, but then it just changes it right back.. hmph..
-RTSP profile relies solely on the camera's Sub Stream--if I disable the sub stream then RTSP stops working altogether--is that by design? Unfortunately the sub stream resolution is terrible and maxes at VGA 640x480 so that's a no go.
bojangs

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi bojangs,

Try pulling the DB again. The substream was an oversight. RTSP Profile 1 should now be the main stream and RTSP Profile 2 is the substream.

Really odd about the MJPEG option. MobiLinc doesn't have the capability to change camera settings. The camera's firmware must be doing that in response to the MJPEG stream request. If you don't want to use MJPEG select "Do Not Use" from the profile list in MobiLinc for MJPEG.

Pan/Tilt isn't supported in Amcrest. I looked at this a while ago and their pattern and authentication mechanism isn't supported in MobiLinc. It's wholly unique to the other hundreds/thousands of cameras out there.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bojangs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:06 am

Grrrr, of course Amcrest has to do it all wonky, I should've known better then to switch away from Foscam! =P

Thanks for the update, Wes, I just pulled it down and now RTSP Profile 1 works great! Interestingly, Amcrest just released a firmware update yesterday night and now the MJPEG override is no longer happening on the Main Stream.. maybe they're watching us.. hehe..

A little off topic, since I was really hoping to get the zoom functionality working I think I'm going to swap out the Amcrest. Is the Foscam 9826 the latest Foscam you support that includes complete PTZ support?
bojangs

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Interestingly, Amcrest just released a firmware update yesterday night and now the MJPEG override is no longer happening on the Main Stream.. maybe they're watching us.. hehe..

That's good. I'm sure that override wasn't intentional and big bug to get fixed.

As far as I'm aware, MobiLinc works with all Foscam SD and HD cameras with Pan/Tilt/Zoom capabilities. If you find that none of the profiles work, let me know. Foscam cameras are usually pretty easy to connect to and work with to get updates supported.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bguzik » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Since the Amcrest are becoming rather ubiquitous, does Mobilinc think we will see PTZ support soon? Amcrest is now owned by Foscam (Although it seems they are still running as separate companies). It is hard to beat the value of an Amcrest IP2M-841 for 1080p cameras in the market right now. I also have some Insteon 720p that I am moving with the addition of the Amcrest IP2M-841s, and would like to keep both manufacturers tied to Mobilinc. There is no question that the IP2M-841 internal software is MUCH better than the Insteon/Foscam. That being said, I'd much rather have the Amcrest integrated into my Mobilinc than have to use their specific app on my iPad... Mobilinc makes having a mix of cameras in one app much better. But, not having PTZ for the Amcrest is a real bummer.
bguzik

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 am

Hi bjuzik,

Try downloading the latest driver DB for MobiLinc: Open MobiLinc and go to your camera's settings. Select "Camera Type" and then tap "Refresh".

Reselect Amcrest and walk through the setup. On the Pan/Tilt page, see if Pan/Tilt works now by trying all profiles.

If not, please send me your external IP, port, username/password to support@mobilinc.com so I can connect and investigate Pan/Tilt with your model.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bguzik » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:48 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi bjuzik,

Try downloading the latest driver DB for MobiLinc: Open MobiLinc and go to your camera's settings. Select "Camera Type" and then tap "Refresh".

Reselect Amcrest and walk through the setup. On the Pan/Tilt page, see if Pan/Tilt works now by trying all profiles.

If not, please send me your external IP, port, username/password to support@mobilinc.com so I can connect and investigate Pan/Tilt with your model.

Wes

Hi Wes,

hmmm... Even with the latest DB refresh, there does not appear to be a PTZ page to set up for Amcrest. So it would be hard to test, since it (setup) bounces back to the camera list after finding the RTSP profile?

I know you mentioned above that MobiLinc doesn't support Amcrest PTZ (as of last year), but I was hoping to perhaps resurrect interest in doing so. The Amcrest internal SW seems MUCH better than Insteon/Foscam internal SW, as well as even feature sets. I got 4 of these 1080p IP2m-841s for about $60/ea, which is very, very hard to beat. Amcrest iOS app works great...I would just like to have PTZ in MobilLinc so I can control all eight of my cameras from the same App.

Thanks!

Barry
bguzik

Postby AdminWes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi Barry,

I'd be happy to look at Pan/Tilt support again to see if they've made it more 3rd party friendly.

Please send me your external IP, port, username/password to: support@mobilinc.com and I'll let you know what I can do.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to New Feature Requests