Linear GDO status

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Re: Linear GDO status

Postby rleidy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:43 am

Hey, I appreciate it. Let me know if I can provide any more information.
rleidy

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:52 am

Thanks. I also saw your post on the MobiLinc forum at UDI. The ones responding saying that it works for them (should) be right. MobiLinc should support the Barrier type of Z-Wave device. It is a door lock, correct?

What version of MobiLinc are you using? Should be 4.7.x. Also, what is your ISY's firmware version?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rleidy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:15 am

Wes,

It's not a man-door lock, it's a garage door opener like the one pictured below. Mine is has a Linear label, but it's just a rebranded device from Nortek (http://www.nortekcontrol.com/product_de ... uctId=1719).

I'm running the latest ML 4.7, just installed for the first time a couple days ago.

The ISY is currently running 4.4.6.

GD00Z.jpg
GD00Z.jpg (6.16 KiB) Viewed 23559 times
rleidy

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:45 am

Ah, ok. That helps. I think there is some mis-communication on the UDI forum then.

In looking at the MobiLinc code this morning, MobiLinc does support the Barrier type, but that "uom" number is new to me. I've taken a stab at adding it, but in order to test to confirm I need to connect to your ISY to test.

I realize this isn't a simple switch with no consequences turning it on or off, but I really do need to test this against a the real device otherwise we'll all waste a lot of time and energy on an app release that might not work for you.

Please email me at support@mobilinc.com with some times over the next couple of days where you can be at home as I run through a couple of tests on your device to confirm that what I've changed will work for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby rleidy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 am

Hi Wes,
Sounds good, thanks. I'll contact you offline.

Ross
rleidy

Postby socnfoot » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Good evening, I had just purchased the same GDO and was wondering if this issue was resolved? I should have the device in hand and installed within the next two weeks.
socnfoot

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:11 am

Hi socnfoot,

This is resolved and is included in the current release of MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments